• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I tell, or keep my mouth shut???

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM
  • 12 Replies

My cousin was over at my house today, and we were looking at my DH's myspace.  My cousin saw the little icon for Dh's EX wife (and in the picture it is her and her bf) and my cousin told me to click on her profile so she could see the guy closer.  After she confirmed that it was who she thought it was, she told me that the guy had a little girl that went to the daycare that she worked at, and that he stole a few credit cards from one of her co-workers.  I looked it up in the local papaer, and sure enough...he was charged with credit card theft and fraud.  It happened just a few months ago....I dont know if I should send her an email and let her know that he did that...I dont know if she already knows, or if she would be offended, or think that I was being nosey... If it were me, I would want to know, and I think she has a right to know....What would you do if you were in my shoes??

RainbowLollipops-1.gif picture by nudge08

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Stay out of it.

Tazz2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:20 PM

depends on my relationship with the ex.  With my dh ex, I would keep my mouth shut but my eyes open to watch her go down LOL but then again she did some really shady things with our checking account AFTER they were divorced.  Anywho....if you feel she would receive it in the nature it was delivered, then tell her.

kaitlynsmom1230

I would leave that one alone.

MomOf2AmaznKids

I think that even if you did tell her, she wouldnt believe you. She may tell you to mind your own business and butt out. I think she should know but I dont know if I would tell her or not.

Tracie1984
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Quoting ajswenson:

Stay out of it.

~ The highest result of education is tolerance. ~ Helen Keller
luving-mom-of-2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Yep, since the man was charged and it was in the local newspapers...there's a pretty good chance that she already knows.  So, you'd just come off looking like a nosy snob, who was trying to stir up trouble.  I'd definitely stay out of it, since it doesn't affect you in any way!

Quoting ajswenson:

Stay out of it.

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

AidersMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Yea, that's a tough one. Although I would want to know, you don't want to be the one to tell her... Looks like you're trying to stir up trouble..

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:24 PM

How is your or your DH's relationship with her?

Are you friendly? Do you (or they) hate eachother?

Does he have kids that live with her?

Tatumsmommy0123
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I personally can't stand her.  She has done some pretty aweful things to me in the past, but I am a forgiving person, and I just think she should know....I thought about saying something like..."If you already know this, it's cool, but if you dont, I think you should know"....

Quoting Tazz2:

depends on my relationship with the ex.  With my dh ex, I would keep my mouth shut but my eyes open to watch her go down LOL but then again she did some really shady things with our checking account AFTER they were divorced.  Anywho....if you feel she would receive it in the nature it was delivered, then tell her.

RainbowLollipops-1.gif picture by nudge08

bibdybobdyboob
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM

If you can't stand NOT to tell her, print a copy of the crime report and mail anonymously.  Under no circumstances, let her know it's you.  You have heard the expression "shoot the messenger", right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)