Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a bit of help. People w/ lip piercings needed mostly but all are welcome.

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

So I had my lip pierced. Loved it. Looked hot with it. Then it started hurting and before my vacation my doctor who I was at for my DD made me take it out. Got really dissapointed. My only complaint though was not the pain of the piercing but the kind of stud. The plate thing that looks like this

I---o  thats what the piercing looked like. the stud thing anyway the flat part kept rubbing on my lip and eventually it cut into it and it ended up deep. Like an imprint of it. Gross right?  Are there other stud options if I get it redone?

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:29 PM

These. They are plastic. You can get them from hottopic.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Tattooed 'N' Pierced Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

adulation
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:42 PM

i miss my lip ring too.

the stud is the best for it to heal but you can put a ring in,  but it will have to be a rather large ring because of the swelling.

[i put in a small ring too soon and my lip swelled up around the ring which just made it worse]

also you might want to reconsider getting it done in the exact same spot.  i've been pierced through scar tissue before.... blod spurted across the room then gushed down my face.  and it hurt.

alexa_n_mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM

OW?!??!

Quoting adulation:

i miss my lip ring too.

the stud is the best for it to heal but you can put a ring in,  but it will have to be a rather large ring because of the swelling.

[i put in a small ring too soon and my lip swelled up around the ring which just made it worse]

also you might want to reconsider getting it done in the exact same spot.  i've been pierced through scar tissue before.... blod spurted across the room then gushed down my face.  and it hurt.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)