Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I let her go away for the weekend?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM
  • 9 Replies

My cousin is 19 and wants to take my DD to the beach with her this weekend.  My DD is almost 17 months old.  Her friend and her husband are going down with her, and they have a 6 month old .My cousin is very responsible, and mature for her age.  I also know her friend very well.  If you were me, would you let your kid go?   Her, her mon, and my mom are the ONLY people that I will let my DD stay with for any amount of time.

RainbowLollipops-1.gif picture by nudge08

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:30 PM

No I would not.  An afternoon is as far as I can go when a beach is involved.  My son, 3 1/2 went to the beach with my FIL and a few others earlier this summer and it was all my DH and I could do to not go check on them.  I wouldn't be comfortable with it, sorry.

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I wouldn't be comfortable with it either TBH.

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:31 PM

personally, no I wouldn't....I sure wouldn't put my trust in or expect someone else to watch her like I do especially not for a whole weekend at a beach.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I would. Of course I would miss my daughter but I would not be more concerned than usual for her safety.

dydy777
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM

It all depends on how much you trust your cousin. My sister is the same age as your cousin and I would trust her to watch my son for a weekend. It all depends on how comfortable you are with the situation. Trust your gut!

Dyanna

JaylensMommy807
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:34 PM

For my dd no I would not.  I am having a hard time letting my parents take my 2 year old dd to the beach with them at the end of this week - Im just so scared of something happening while im not there - Im very overprotective I guess.  But you are the only one that can make this decision - none of us know this girl or know how responcible or irresponcible she is or anything else.  I hope you find your answer and feel comfortable with it!  and that if you chose not to that she understands that its nothing personal - good luck!

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

lauraluann
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:48 PM

No way.  I don't like water & babies.  I don't even like when my hubby takes our 2 year old swimming without me, so there would be no way.  I just feel like no one watchs my DD as closely as I do.  My hubby is more laid back then me and I know she is safe with him, but he doesn't always pay as close attention as I do.  It only takes a second and so many horrible things could happen at a beach.

Leener3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Nope, sorry wouldn't do it. She may be extremely mature but she is still 17.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)