• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler bed?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

At what age did you move your LO to a toddler bed and why? DS is 15 mo and I'm not sure what would be a good time to transition him.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unclemomma
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

my dd was like 18 months and we had just found out that we were pregnant and i didn't want it to be she had to move so i could have the crib so she got it for christmas it was a really easy move

averiensmommy07
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

My son was 22 months when we put him in a toddler bed!

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM

She was almost 11 months. We woke up twice to her falling on the floor from climbing out of the crib!

ramadan mubarak

rchl882
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Wow! She could climb out at 11 mos!? My crib is set really low, though. So I dont think hell be able to crawl out of it for a very long time. Thats why im kinda lost as to when I should do it.

Quoting isra1986:

She was almost 11 months. We woke up twice to her falling on the floor from climbing out of the crib!

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM

My son is 2 1/2 and hes still in his crib, partly because I cant afford to just buy another toddler bed I'm waiting until big brothers bday so he can have the toddler bed and big brother is getting a twin bed for his bday. I think my daughter and my oldest son were about 2 years old before I moved them into a toddler bed I dont remember lol.

boosmom440
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM

lilly is almost 3 and is still in her crib

We made it to 27 months rear-facing and we are proud of it. We have a new goal now and that is to harness our little girl till 80 pounds, even if she is 14 years old she will be in a carseat/booster as long as she can fit.If you have a problem with it then deal with it she is my daughter and i will do any thing to keep her safe

valentine14
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:46 PM

we moved our first into a toddler bed at  1year...he started walking at 10 months..we got him a toddler bed for his 1st birthday..he was so exited..thank goodness too..we were already pregnant and i had his sister 1 month later!!!.it worked out fine for us.

JsMomma

Both of my children went into their toddler beds around a year old. My son didn't care for the crib and would rather sleep on the floor so we got him a toddler bed. My daughter was trying to climb out so we put her in a toddler bed around her birthday, Now my son is in a twin bed and loves it. 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

DeTora_Family

DS was 17 months, hated his crib, and climbed out in the middle of the night.  I did not have to buy a new bed.  He crib converted to a toddler bed, and will also convert to a double bed. 

Honestly, if your child is happy in their crib and safe, I would leave them there as long as possible.  My son's Godmother kept her son in his crib happily until he was four years old.

DeTora_Family.gif picture by Buddy07_L

I am a green, pro-gay-marriage, NestlĂ©-boycotting, attachment-parenting, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby/toddler-wearing, cloth-diapering, early toilet-teaching, extended-breastfeeding, delayed-vaccinating, non-spanking, hot-tempered, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino.  You do not have to agree, but that is me.  Nice to meet you :)

Raising Rocco Blog

mom2cindylouwho
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:47 PM

DD was 32 months before we changed her bed from a crib to toddler bed.  We were in no hurry since she never attempted to climb out.  We had tried once last year, but she wasn't ready.  Now that she was potty trained we wanted to try the toddler bed again - so we could work on nighttime training.  One afternoon we tried it for her nap & haven't looked back once.  We have had absolutely no issues with her getting out of bed, etc.  It's been fantastic!

When we move, in about a year, we'll be getting rid of her whole crib/dresser set & she'll have our old Queen bed that's in the guest room right now :o)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)