• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

4'9"

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM
  • 22 Replies

So there was a commercial on the radio today that says that you should keep your child in a booster until the are 4'9". Well I think thats great, but if thats the case, I should still be in a booster seat!

I'm going to keep my children in a booster until I see fit. My DS is 5 and I dont plan on taking it out for quite some time.

What age do you plan on taking your kids out of their booster?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kivalovesricky
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:03 PM

I saw a sign in my pedi's office that as of sept 1 texas law requires all children under 4'9 or 8 years to be in a booster.

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM

You really need to keep them in as long as the law requires.

432mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Quoting kivalovesricky:

I saw a sign in my pedi's office that as of sept 1 texas law requires all children under 4'9 or 8 years to be in a booster.

Yeah I'm in TX too, I heard they were passing a law. I didnt know the specifics. But I'm pretty sure my DS will be in a booster until he's 10 just bc he's so small....

kivalovesricky
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM

Quoting 432mommy:

Quoting kivalovesricky:

Yeah I'm in TX too, I heard they were passing a law. I didnt know the specifics. But I'm pretty sure my DS will be in a booster until he's 10 just bc he's so small....

I had to keep my dd rear facing until 26 months because she is tall and skinny. They also changed the booster portion of the law to be in a booster the child must be at least 40lbs and 4 instead of high back for 30lbs and 3 and no back for 4 and 40lbs

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM

yeah, if my parents went by that i would have been in a booster till 8th grade.... lol.

insomnia
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:08 PM

These car seats are just money making scams. Boosters too. For crying out loud there was no such thing when I was a kid and I lived this long. They take up space. Me and Britney Spears, half the time, they're not in car seats at all (8,7,5 years old.)

ajswenson
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:08 PM

It's a size OR an age!  I know it is kind of funny though if you are short.

:

yeah, if my parents went by that i would have been in a booster till 8th grade.... lol.

Godsgirl4ever06
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM

till the law in my state which is 8 yrs old or 80 pounds which ever is first

our  miracle from God. he truley blessed us she is 3 she is our world.

432mommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:20 PM

Quoting insomnia:

These car seats are just money making scams. Boosters too. For crying out loud there was no such thing when I was a kid and I lived this long. They take up space. Me and Britney Spears, half the time, they're not in car seats at all (8,7,5 years old.)

I hope your not being serious? If your being sarcastic, I'm not posting this as ignorance. But to be as short as I am, by state law (if I was skinny) I should still be in a booster.

isra1986
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:21 PM

My grandmom should still be in a booster seat!!!! Lol.

ramadan mubarak

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)