Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Alright, I've had it!!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM
  • 9 Replies

Anybody here have kids that share a bedroom?  If so, how the heck do you get them to sleep?  Mine just keep jumping around, playing and laughing.  No matter how many times I go in there, yell at them, and place them back into their beds.  A minute or two later, they're back, doing it again.  It usually ends up, that I have to remove one, until the other one falls asleep.  This is getting ridiculous!  It is already 11:00.  They've been in there for 2 hours and still aren't sleeping, yet!  School starts next week, so I need some suggestions, please!  Thank you!

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HeartofGold
by Gold Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Try giving them seperate bedtimes. Once one falls asleep put the other one to bed.

Or have one of them lay in your room until the other falls asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the group owner of the following groups:

Oregon Moms

August 2005 Birth Club

Car Seat Safety

Antidepressants

Women with Fibroids

If one or more of my groups are of interest to you please click on the link above and join today....see ya there

slpydpy6
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I can't help much as mine are not in school yet.  I have 3 girls and I all I do is ingore them until they wear themselves out and fall asleep.

BewitchedKisses
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I have four boys that share a bedroom to sleep in. If they don't sleep, they get in trouble and get things taken away from them.

It's a rule in our house. If the bedroom light is off, we'd better not hear a peep from anyone or no one gets any toys, video games or fun the next day. I know it sounds mean to punish all for the wrong doing of one, but usually one of them is trying to get the other to make noise, so they all have a hand in it someway or another. It works for us.

Photobucket

naughtyprincess
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Lets see my trouble maker is my 2 year old dd... I just refuse to let her have down time during the day if I can.... That way at bed time she gets her loves and off to sleep she goes.. Sd is great ( shes 5 and in school already)... You tell her to go to bed and 5 to 10 minutes later shes out (for the last 3 year its been this way).... But the only part we got off schedule was that we slept in during the summer other than that bed time is the same unless we are out of town or at my mothers... 

You've gotta live every single day,Like it's the only one, what if tomorrow never comes?Don't let it slip away,
Could be our only one, you know it's only just begun.Every single day,Maybe our only one, what if tomorrow never comes?
~~~~ Nickleback "If Today Was Your Last Day"

mrjjmt
by Silver Member on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:00 AM

My 3 yr old DD and 7 yr old SD share a room and the only way i can get them to sleep at a reasonable time is to put the 3 yr old to bed at least a half an hour before the 7 yr old so that the youngest is asleep before the oldest lays down.

MomNameFitGame
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:38 AM

My husband and I are having a problem with this too.  Currently, we each take one and lay in their room with them until they fall asleep.  But since that takes forever, we're going to give melatonin a try. 

Two more suggestions: 1) a carb snack twenty minutes or so before bedtime.  2) Extra energy expending activities an hour before bedtime, like dancing or jumping on a trampoline.  I have a sister who has her kids run laps in their backyard if they are still too hyper too close to bedtime :)

Susan262
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:54 AM

When I was little and my sister and a I wouldn't settle down, my Dad used to come in the bedroom with a rolled up news paper like he was gonna whip us with it!!!  After he left the room we would just crack up cuz we knew he wasn't going to do anything, but then we did settle down, because we knew he really did mean business.  What a great memory, thanks for that.  Susan262

jkelley21
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:20 AM

My kids share a room as well. What I found works is a routine. Not necessarily set in stone but I have found that they will settle down when we say a night night prayer,  I kiss them all, and then turn out all the lights.  We have not done naps since they were less than two. If they wanted to fall asleep I let them but we did not make them.  If I do not pray for a good night sleep, sweet dreams and they stay in their bed they do not settle down.  I think just hearing that helps them to key in on it's time for bed.  There are still nights though that they just don't settle down without some getting on to them.

feralkitten
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 6:28 AM

i used to worn them then i time one out and if it still go on i would get a mag and sit in room facing away from the and would not talk to them but if they talked i time them out again it was hard work for a week now i just have to worn once and they go to sleep my 6 year old step daughter go's to bed at 8 my step son 8 years old go to bed at 8:30 we getting a bigger house soon they live with us 24/7 so i am the law lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)