• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have there been any good long discussion posts about this swine flu/ vaccine issue?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM
  • 5 Replies

I keep checking to see if anyone has been discussing this big announcement that so many people are gonna die, and that more vaccines are being rush ordeed....but all I keep remembering is how many times I have heard moms on here say that they won't be getting the swine flu vaccine... I imagine there has to be some debate going on over all this, and I am curious to read what everyone has to say about it. Anyone have a link, if there is a post about it? If there isn't, does anyone have insight about all of this? No I don't feel like scouring the news reports and trying to figure it all out, besides I'm sure everyone has a different take on this. You all seem to get down to the nitty gritty and post check each other and that's all I feel like reading about it LOL ♥

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:10 PM

nobody has anything to say about it?  

MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Quoting mamaleah17:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/416/forums/search_posts.php?keyword=swine+flu

Thank you! It pretty much said what I was already thinking, and that not many moms here are planning on geting it. OK thats all I wanted to know.

Ladyinthewater
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:29 PM

my best friend and her daughter are just getting over the swine flue it disn't seem to bad i have no plans on getting it we just got the notice today from school saying there are a few cases and my son has a cough so we will be watching him for the next couple days... Im really not that worried like everything i think the media hypes things up a little bit more... nothing makes money and ratings like a panic! 

I am a almost 30 yr old mommy I am a SAHM that's hates her life as just a mommy and a wife I love my son to death he is my heart and soul I love my husband and he is my honey bunches of oats. my mom and my sister are my best friend. i do spank my child i do support making marijuana legal i don't believe in CIO and I think the ERFing is stupid, I let my kid eat what he wants and play video games i am not here for your approval but i do like a good debate ya don't like it tough you wanna know more cool

MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Quoting Ladyinthewater:

my best friend and her daughter are just getting over the swine flue it disn't seem to bad i have no plans on getting it we just got the notice today from school saying there are a few cases and my son has a cough so we will be watching him for the next couple days... Im really not that worried like everything i think the media hypes things up a little bit more... nothing makes money and ratings like a panic! 

I was wondering about that! I actually thought the news announcement today might having some people talking about the "overhype" that it is causing, and if there is something behind the story (money or something, like you said, or maybe it's linked to the healthcare thing in some way or something, hell I dunno)

I'm not worried about the swine flu, and I won't be getting the vax, or my kids. It just seems like there cuold be more to the story, but who the F knows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)