Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

could it be PCOS? (piog)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:26 PM
  • 18 Replies

i have had this problem for awhile......imnot sure if it is PCOS but i do have some of the symptoms.....i dont have irregular periods...but they are very heavy and painful. they are 34 days apart thou....

the number 1 thing i am worried about with my body thou is very bad acne (i am 21 and STILL get it bad) and excessive hair body hair, i have always had it (starting at teens) and just thought it was normal for some

i talked to my dermatologist about this a few months ago and she just blew me off, told me that acne is common at age 21 and its prob not a hormone problem.....is there any doctor, or type of doctor that i should talk to about this..???

right now i am pregnant and i know they cant do much but what do u suggest????

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM

bumping

SahmMommYof2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM

MOST women with PCOS have fertility problems. Which you clearly do not =) 

Josslynsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:40 PM

no drama, no replies. lol

I'd suggest bringing this up to Winburn and see what she thinks. An Endocrinologist may help if it's a horomone thing.

My name is Lindsey. I am a young single mother, teacher, advocate, best friend, support system, and everything else under the sun to my strong little girl, Josslyn Kate, diagnosed with a very rare auto immune disease, Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome. She is my life and what I live for every second of every day.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/josslynfrost

K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:41 PM

Quoting SahmMommYof2:

i have read a few places that some women dont

K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Quoting Josslynsmommy:

I'd suggest bringing this up to Winburn and see what she thinks. An Endocrinologist may help if it's a horomone thing.

lol right! yea i could talk to her......she should have more insite then that stupid derm. did!!

SahmMommYof2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Btw....excessive hair, acne, and menstrual disorders can be caused by a thyroid illness. 

SahmMommYof2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Quoting K.a.C.87:

Quoting SahmMommYof2:

i have read a few places that some women dont

Hence the word MOST

Josslynsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:49 PM

yeah she would be more willing to look into too I think. She's never blown me off for anything I've had concerns with. I'm thinking she may wait til your body adjusts after this pregnancy though. I guess depends what she's looking for. lol

Quoting K.a.C.87:

Quoting Josslynsmommy:

lol right! yea i could talk to her......she should have more insite then that stupid derm. did!!

My name is Lindsey. I am a young single mother, teacher, advocate, best friend, support system, and everything else under the sun to my strong little girl, Josslyn Kate, diagnosed with a very rare auto immune disease, Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome. She is my life and what I live for every second of every day.

www.caringbridge.org/visit/josslynfrost

K.a.C.87
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Quoting SahmMommYof2:

Btw....excessive hair, acne, and menstrual disorders can be caused by a thyroid illness. 

doesnt thyroid illness cause over weight usually.....or REALLY under weight?

912Sister3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I have PCOS and there isn't always fertility problems...I have em but my sister has PCOS and didn't have fertility problems until after she had her first DD..... I spoke to my Gynocologist and he has referred me to an endocrinologist(sp?)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)