Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP FLEA IN MY HOUSE QUESTION?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:03 AM
  • 7 Replies

WENT TO PET STORE GOT GOT FLEA MEDICINE TO PUT DOWN HER BACK SOLD BUY VETERNARIANS 45 DARN DOLLARS THAN GOT SOMETHING FOR HER HOTSPOTS POOR BABY SHES FEELING BETTER BUT LADY SAID i HAD TO GT A FLEA BOMB  OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.i HAVE 3 FLOORS BASEMENT FIRST FLOOR AND SECOND.SHOULD I GET ONE FOR EACH LEVEL OF THE HOUSE AND WHEN I SET IT UP HOW LONG DOES MY FAMILY AND PETS LEAVE FROMTHE HOUSE AND CAN SAFELY COME BACK.tHANKS SO MUCH ANNE

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mlg87ok
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Well it really depends on what kind you buy but whatever you buy will have directions on what you need to do. Most bombs, you need to leave the house for 3-5hrs and then let the house air out for another couple hours then go in and clean and wipe off the window, counters, etc in your house.

I recommend getting the the Raid or Hot shot dry fog with odor neutralizer.

mommywife06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:11 AM

I bought adams. It depends on the size of the floors. But we bought 6 one for the garage, One for our living and hallway and bathroom, one for the dining room and kitchen and the other half of the hallway, and 3 for upstairs. our bathroom is way back in the back so we needed one for our bedroom and bathroom. one for marissa's room and some of the hallway, and then one for kylas room their bathroom and the other part of the hallway. its 2 hours. Adams doesnt leave a smell either  

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM

flea bombs are bad bad bad!  Spray pesticide into the air and let it fall down on ALL of your things.....tv remote, cabintes, shelves, books, furniture...eew! Borax laundry detergenct, Frontline Plus, also treat the yard! you have to treat everything at the same time! The frontline will kill adult fleas and eggs, but you still have larvae stage in your carpet, vacuum often! Unless you have a Dyson, put a cut up flea collar in the vacuum bag..this is the ONLY place flea collars work.

Bubby_LeilaBug
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM

If you are using advantage and continue to use it monthly...you do not need the flea bombs.

Bubby_LeilaBug
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:14 AM

Quoting RypTyd1999:

flea bombs are bad bad bad!  Spray pesticide into the air and let it fall down on ALL of your things.....tv remote, cabintes, shelves, books, furniture...eew! Borax laundry detergenct, Frontline Plus, also treat the yard! you have to treat everything at the same time! The frontline will kill adult fleas and eggs, but you still have larvae stage in your carpet, vacuum often! Unless you have a Dyson, put a cut up flea collar in the vacuum bag..this is the ONLY place flea collars work.

cool tip on the flea collar.  I never would have thought of that...I know they are useless on your pet, but this is interesting.

fenders35
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:17 AM

also a cheap non toxic way to help fight fleas is to go buy regular table salt you know the big containers and sprinkle it all over all your carpets let sit for a few hours do this about once a week along with treating your animalswith what ever you are trating them with

hope it works for you

meagainstthem
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM
My vet supply store also sold me a pill called capstar. It is a $10 to $15 pill that kills all fleas on your pet for 24 hours. It will kill all fleas that jump on your pet and try to feed on him while they are also trying to get away from your flea booms. Don't forget to spray under your coach and other furniture too. The fleas will be going into dark hidden places while you are bombing the house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)