Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I LOVE BEING A MOM!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:04 AM
  • 6 Replies

I totally love the way my 4 month old smells and the way he knows my voice. I love that he always wants to snuggle with me. I love the way my little girl is so sassy and likes to dress up. I love being a mom to my babies! Sorry, just had to put that out there...

What makes you love being a mom??

A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.  ~ Frank A. Clark

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible ~ Marion C. Garretty

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MAMAOF2ANGELS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I love being a mom too. I have a 12 almost 13 year old and a 6 year old. They grow up so fast. No more babies for me so I'm just enjoying watching my kids grow up.

madmomof5
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I have always loved that baby smell, and the way they look at you w/their eyes so full of wonder-and watching them sleep and wondering what they dream of.

I love when my son is playing out side and his imagination is just incredible, I love all of their sense of humor.

I love when my dd w/cp finally picks up something we have been working on for months with her and then one day she just gets it! : )

being there for all of the firsts, their first step, first word, first success at potty training

when they are older (I have teens and older also)--I have loved talking with them about what they are going through and as sad as it is, their heartbreaks, when they wouldn't normally 'need' you but you are the first person they run to, to cry on your shoulder.

and with my oldest dd-she made me a grandmother in May and their is nothing quite like holding your granddaughter for the first time...

ok quitting now...off to go have a good cry

Mrs.Wasson
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Quoting madmomof5:

I have always loved that baby smell, and the way they look at you w/their eyes so full of wonder-and watching them sleep and wondering what they dream of.

I love when my son is playing out side and his imagination is just incredible, I love all of their sense of humor.

I love when my dd w/cp finally picks up something we have been working on for months with her and then one day she just gets it! : )

being there for all of the firsts, their first step, first word, first success at potty training

when they are older (I have teens and older also)--I have loved talking with them about what they are going through and as sad as it is, their heartbreaks, when they wouldn't normally 'need' you but you are the first person they run to, to cry on your shoulder.

and with my oldest dd-she made me a grandmother in May and their is nothing quite like holding your granddaughter for the first time...

Awww! congrats on becoming a grandma! That means you did your job as a mommy well! lol

madmomof5
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:28 AM

Quoting Mrs.Wasson:

Quoting madmomof5:

Awww! congrats on becoming a grandma! That means you did your job as a mommy well! lol

Thank you so much!  I hate to brag (oh, who the hell am I kidding, I love bragging on my kids and granddaughter!) She is just the cutest, sweetest baby ever! : )

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

i like your post :)

i love the way dh sneaks dd into our bed halfway through the night and i get to cuddle with her.  she smells so sweet and cuddles up so close.  i love hearing her breath in my ear when we're snugglin' up in bed.  i also love the cute sounds she makes when she's eating or drinking, and the super happy goofy smile she gets when i come in to say hi to her and dh while he's giving her a bath.  i love the cute, pink-peachy glow her cheeks have and her big blue eyes and ringlets all over her head.  i love being the only one who can comfort her sometimes!

my second isn't born yet, but i love that he's a boy.  i can't wait to experience being a mommy to a little girl AND  a little boy, both :)  i love feeling him roll, and push, and squirm, and kick in there.  and i love the thought of my daughter being a big sister.

now i feel all warm and fuzzy inside, i think it's time to go cuddle with my family!  lol, thanks for the positive post!

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

sweetheart5703
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:35 AM

I have a 6 year old son and he just started 1st grade I love him with all my heart and I am so excited that I get to put him in cub scouts this year in a couple of weeks, and my almost 3 year old, gives me a smile each time I look at her, she has such a bubbly personality and loves to dance and sing, and loves her Dora, knows english and spanish and always tells me she loves me, it is the greatest feeling in the world, they are what keep me sane and focused I love them so much they bring so much light to my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)