Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CAN WE EVER BUY OR RENT A NICE HOUSE EVER AGAIN?CRYING PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:15 AM
  • 5 Replies

We had a nice house for 18 yrs and to leave for finanial and other reasons.We moved in to a 60 yr old home with alot of problems but it was a friendof the family and our rent is low.We went to pay rent and found out he is very sick daughter told us if something would happen we'd have to get out.My friend told me because we had such bad credit noone would every give us a second chance .This man is such a sweet man but yes very sick and very old and I hope he's okay.But i'm also terrified we will be left homeless i know they have to give us 30 days but i thought at least if we had a great down payment someone would rent to us.Thanks for listening any advice is appreciated

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SusanD
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:20 AM

To be honest with you, someone will rent to you again. However, if you have bad credit (but a great reference from your landlords daughter or whoever handles his affairs should something happen) then you will likely get a place. You may be charged a much higher security deposit. However, if you stop and think about the number of people who have lost their homes as of late and the fact that their credit is now damaged because of it, someone is renting to them. Just keep your chin up and it will be ok. I would start trying to save up a good amount JUST IN CASE you need it for a large security deposit.

starrymonkey
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I don't know if this will make you feel better, but anyway...

A very good friend of mine and her husband also have pretty bad credit, and they now have a very nice home.  They had some finacial problems and they had to live in an apartment that was less than ideal fo a while.  However, they searched and searched, and were able to get a great home anyway.  They're still working on fixing their credit, but you just have to have faith and be persistent.  There are good people out there who are willing to help others - you just need to keep at it!

Knowing now that you might have to move - start looking now!  you might not wind up in the ideal place, but as long as your family is happy and safe, you aren't as bad off as you could be.  Good luck. 

"Shh... Mommy doesn't know I'm a rockstar!"

hottie4amommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:25 AM

this is great advise !

A lot of people are struggling these days and leaving a home is never fun, but you have to be strong and think positive . Yes you may have to put down a larger deposit but a rent to own may be your best opinion with lower credit .

Quoting SusanD:

To be honest with you, someone will rent to you again. However, if you have bad credit (but a great reference from your landlords daughter or whoever handles his affairs should something happen) then you will likely get a place. You may be charged a much higher security deposit. However, if you stop and think about the number of people who have lost their homes as of late and the fact that their credit is now damaged because of it, someone is renting to them. Just keep your chin up and it will be ok. I would start trying to save up a good amount JUST IN CASE you need it for a large security deposit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

momof525
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM

We're in the same boat (we never owned a house but our credit sucks) We are trying to get out of this moldy old house and into something cleaner and bigger, but no one will rent to us :( I hope you find a way.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
MrsBarron
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Go to www.naca.com they will be able to help you all get into a house with no money down, lower than market interest rate, no closing costs, and they are not credit score driven. All of their financing is done through bank of america. DM me if you need any help with annything. I really hope that this helps you!

Tricia angel mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)