Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ladies with PS3's...HELP!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM
  • 9 Replies

How do I turn this friggin fraggin thing off?!?!  I am tryng to avoid calling my husband to ask because I'll feel like a dope.  I'm sure it's easy and I'm probably just making it harder than it is, LOL!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:28 AM

bump 

mlg87ok
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

Its ok it took me forever to figure out how to turn ours off. There should be a white logo with a circle with a line in/little line on the top it is completely flat to the right of the eject logo. All you have to do is put your finger on it until it beeps and then the light on the front will turn from red to green.

I don't know if that was the best way to explain it but I hope it helps.

areid1023
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 AM

you know where it has the little power button picture? its touch sensitive. so hold your finger down on that until it beeps and the light will go red and its off. :) hope that helps.

boy on a swingi love my baaaaaaaaaaaaby Clayton! 11-09-08.

areid1023
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM

lol oops. i was too late. :). glad you got some help! and i also had to ask how to do it the first time. haha.

refinada_20

You can turn it off two ways.  The easiest being you can flip the switch in the back.  The other being you can press the start or menu button.  Or maybe it's the P button in the middle.  One of those and choose the option to turn off the system.  I would go for the switch in the back.

jothra

It's on the front on the ledge part in the middle on the top of the ledge (does that even make sense?). Basically, touch it until it beeps and then it shuts down =)

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM

Thanks, ladies!  I kept pushing on that area, but it didn't turn off, so I thought I was totally off!  Now I know I have to linger there...LOL!  THANK YOU!!!!!!! 

ETA:  Got it!  Thanks, again!  At least I don't have to feel like a dork asking my husband for help...I wouldn't have lived it down ;)  I need to keep up the facade that I'm smarter, LOL!

megarooniduh
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I hate my boyfriends darn ps3, it took me forever to figure this out also! His, you have to press your finger on it, and then either hold it there FOR-FREAKIN-EVER, or if after it beeps once you let go, and then put your finger on it again it turns off. I ususally just use the back switch, which drives him nuts! :D

Ready for this? I am an 18 year old, graduated from high school, exclusively breastfeeding, baby-wearing, co-sleeping, baby signing, no CIO believing, vaxing, extended rear facing, delaying solids, organic feeding, unwed (but dating the father of my child for going on 3 years), stay at home, mommy of a 1 year old little booger that says mama & dada! With plans to continue my education as a Registered Nurse, be the best mom I can be, and change the stereo-type for teenage parents!

areid1023
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:14 AM

dude...love the siggy. :D.

Quoting megarooniduh:

I hate my boyfriends darn ps3, it took me forever to figure this out also! His, you have to press your finger on it, and then either hold it there FOR-FREAKIN-EVER, or if after it beeps once you let go, and then put your finger on it again it turns off. I ususally just use the back switch, which drives him nuts! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)