Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG...guess what!?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  • 20 Replies

I am so excited. I started working at a Dollar General a couple months ago (in June) and on my 3rd day, the store manager told me that one of the assistant managers was wanting to become a store manager at another location. She asked me how i would feel about taking his place if he did leave. Well, being my 3rd day, i told her i would have to think about it. Then a few weeks ago, she asked me if i had thought about it because the assistant manager wasn't doing his job, so she didn't know if he would be fired or quit. I told her i had thought about it and i would be happy to do it. I started training a couple weeks ago. Last week i started learning how to close the store. The assistant manager was doing a really bad job, not stocking stuff right, not doing the paper work right, not doing what he was supposed to do and always calling in. Well, he quit today. Tomorrow is his last day. Saturday i will offically be an assistant manager. YAY!!! I am nervous but excited. The only thing i need to learn is how to open the store. Other than that, i have it all down.

happy

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinaiAngelPai15
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM

CONGRATS!! 

manda0424
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:32 AM

That's awesome!

Mommy to Jasper 11-30-08

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Yay! Congrats!!

madmomof5
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 AM

goodway to go 

sxybxmami
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM

I'm so happy for you!!! Just watch out for envious people. you know people that have been there longer and are like WTF??  My cousin was in trhe same situation and the other employees made her life a living hell she ended quitting the position. But I'm really happy and excited for you.  Good luck !!!!

FaerieMommie23
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM

way to go

chiamom123
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:37 AM

way to gothats great news for you

KatherineM
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:38 AM

Congrats my sister is an assistant manager or a dollar general in OKLAHOMA she loves it and hopefully in a year she will have her own store and will be able to move closer to me in texas

princessnyprnc1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Congrats!!!! I'm a manager at Taco Bell, I love it. Somedays are better than others, but it brings home the bacon!!!!!

Way to go and good luck hun!

argentsygnus
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Congratulations!! I'm happy for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)