Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rice made it work again

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM
  • 6 Replies

i was getting ready to go to bed and i went to the restroom. i carry my phone with me everywhere so i set it on the counter in the bathroom to do my business. well i didnt realize there was water on the counter and when i picked up my phone it was all wet. not completely but alot of the face was wet. i dried it and tried to use it to check if it was okay. well it wasnt. i started freaking out because my phone is like my life. i use it probably like 100 times a day and text my sisters all the time. well the buttons wouldnt work and it was dry. so i get onto yahoo to chat with my friends and tell them my dilema. one tells me to get the blowdryer. shit i dont have one. the other friend tells me to put it in a bag of rice and seal it for a while. i did it and guess what...

IT WORKED, MY PHONE WORKS AGAIN

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM

on phone  way to go

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:46 AM

good to know!  i'm constantly dropping my cell.

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:48 AM

LOL.. U might be able to pop it in the dryer for a couple minutes. Just put it in something so that it's not banging around in there. :)

Mommyto6under7
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:50 AM

Another thing you can do is take the battery out of the back and let it air dry overnight then put it back in. I drop mine in water all the time and that makes it work every time :]

kimikylemama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Same here.  One time recently I even dropped it in the washer at the laundromat because I was talking to my sister while I was trying to do my laundry.  Well, when I got home I took it apart and let it air dry and its fine.

Quoting Mommyto6under7:

Another thing you can do is take the battery out of the back and let it air dry overnight then put it back in. I drop mine in water all the time and that makes it work every time :]

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I accidentally washed and dried my phone.  I left it in a jacket pocket and didn't realize it.  I took out the battery and let it air dry for 24 hours.  It actually turned back on and worked!  I thought it was toast.  I did have some issues with one of the buttons though and sometimes it would turn off on me, but I could make and receive calls and hear just fine and send texts.  I ended up getting a new phone a few months later anyway. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)