Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you live woth your in-laws??????

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM
  • 30 Replies

I hate...hate...HATE living with my in-laws ! This living arrangement has been going on for a month and its starting to get on my nerves. But i gotta bite my tongue and suck it up bcuz they are helping us out after all. We are living with them until we are able to afford our own place again...things got pretty tight with hubby being the only one working. I have always gotten along great with my MIL....but lately little things bug me....she doesnt like the way I discipline my kids....she is a neat freak (mops 3 times a day) and so I basically seclude myself in my room with my PC.

Anyways...my list of little things that BUG me is starting to grow......So please tell me im not the only one living with in-laws !

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celticreverie
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:04 AM

I lived with my inlaws for over a year. from May 2007 to August 2008. Alex was gone Jan 08-Aug 08 though in Basic. I understand. I LOVE my inlaws though, but different house different rules and adjusting to someone else's habits is really hard!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I live with my fiances dad and brothers...its not too bad, although I would rather us have our own place. Our daughter shares a room with us...kinda cramped plus I am 18 weeks preggo with # 2.

MoMluvsherkids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:07 AM

HA HA HA IM IN THE SAME SITUATION.......... ME TOO R U SURE THEIR NOT RELATED . SAME HERE DOESNT LIKE THE WAY I DISCAPLIN THEM CLEANS RIGHT BEHIND ME. MOPS 3 TO 4 TIMES A DAY. TALKS SHIT CUZ ITS NOT THE WAY SHE DOES IT..... I CANT WAIT TO GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL WE SHOULD MAKE OUR OWN GROUP ABOUT THE DAMN N-LAWS LMAO!!!!!!!!

LuvmySFSGT
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:08 AM

I love my in-laws dearly...but I would never live with them.

We did however convince my FIL to buy the house next door and I love having him so close!

terrabiglieri
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I couldnt imagine how horrable it would be........I hope I never do!

Michellemom372
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM

i wont live with my MIL because i dont agree with some of the things she does

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts

dreamerinluv
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Oh yea....thats another thing...the cramped quarters.....my kids went from having their own room to sleeping with us.....they were kind enough to leave us the master bedroom though so we can fit and have our own bathroom.....they are good people....but like a PP said its hard adjusting to someone elses rules  =(

Quoting Lilcountrygrl86:

I live with my fiances dad and brothers...its not too bad, although I would rather us have our own place. Our daughter shares a room with us...kinda cramped plus I am 18 weeks preggo with # 2.

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

burch731
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Oh hell no ~ I could NEVER do that!!!  I feel for you; We don't even see the in-laws but maybe once a month or so & it only takes about 5 minutes before one of them has said something stupid to piss me off. 

MoMluvsherkids
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

OH AND I TOO AM N TE ROOM ON THE COMP!!!! FEELING LIKE A TEENAGER STUCK N MY ROOM! LOL

Quoting MoMluvsherkids:

HA HA HA IM IN THE SAME SITUATION.......... ME TOO R U SURE THEIR NOT RELATED . SAME HERE DOESNT LIKE THE WAY I DISCAPLIN THEM CLEANS RIGHT BEHIND ME. MOPS 3 TO 4 TIMES A DAY. TALKS SHIT CUZ ITS NOT THE WAY SHE DOES IT..... I CANT WAIT TO GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL WE SHOULD MAKE OUR OWN GROUP ABOUT THE DAMN N-LAWS LMAO!!!!!!!!

AmoMisBebes
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Oh I'm so sorry, i would shoot myself if I had to live with my in-laws...cuz funny enough that bitch cleans like a nut, she'll clean up the table while we're all still eating dinner.  But seriously I would shoot myself first.  Although, we did live with my parents for a while, and let me tell you, that wasn't exactly sweet living either.  I love my parents to death, but from a distance, lol.

How long before you guys can get a place of your own?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)