Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So What's the RUSH???

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM
  • 14 Replies

Why are soooooooooo many Mom sooooooo anxious for their LOs to grow-up so quickly??  Front facing, eating solids,  "Your Baby can Read".......... MY Baby Is SMARTER than YOUR Baby ............why can't you let your Baby be a BABY??????  I feel sorry for those Little Ones who can't just be who they are because their Moms egos are more important. yeah, they always seem to have a way to justify it ........... "of course, my LO WANTS to duplicate the DNA  of a Dinosaur"   LOL

Just let your Babies be Babies. They grow-up way to quickly anyway. Believe me I speak from experience.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Michellemom372
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:12 AM

i dont know id rather let them be little kids becasue theres too much worry in the world anyway

Sign by Danasoft - For Backgrounds and Layouts

smarshy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:18 AM

I think we get excited about the milestones and push for them to happen.

hautemama83
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Well I get asked the same thing about my ds, "why try to potty train him he is only a year", "why let him watch that channel, its for older kids", even when he was 5/6 months he was eating solids because he wanted to. As for everyone else, they can raise their children the way the want to, and I will raise mine the way I want to. IMO there is nothing wrong with encouraging your child to prosper and grow, which is all I have ever done, and will continue to do.

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM

lol, i always laugh at that "your baby can read" bull crap.  i mean, is it supposed to guarantee they'll be a thousand times more successful and further ahead than our children by the time they're in school?  

i'm perfectly content letting my BABY sit there and drool and poop their pants and giggle at a stuffed animal, lol.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

celticreverie
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:24 AM

I don't get it, I have never been like that. Babies develop at their own pace. I *would* find myself wondering when Becka would do things, and getting a bit anxious but then I'd have to remember that all babies are different. She didn't roll until almost 6 months, nor crawl until 9 months when all other babies we knew did it a few months earlier.. I never wanted her to grow up so fast, every little thing is precious and a memory.. there's no reason to want it all to happen or push for milestones!

Taegen is rolling now, and has been for the last 2 1/2 weeks... it's so crazy! Too fast, in my opinion haha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Nursing at keyboard.. Please excuse my typos Pictures, Images and Photos

ThatBakerBabe
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

I hardly think my ego is big because I want my child to eat solids or learn to read well..Sure the "your baby can read" is crap..but still..It has nothing to do with an ego..

katiebugg319
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

"your baby can read" my SO's dad was all excited about it etc and i was like.. ya.. i can show him a card that says frog and show him a pic, doesn't mean he'll be able to sound out other words ETC, it so stupid" i thought he was JK...he got this look on his face like "never mind that birthday gift for you" felt like a total ass but i agree let them be babies, but hell.. if my baby learns to drool, giggle at stuffed animals and use the potty i dont mind! :P i enjoy how happy babies are even if i do have to change them when they dirty a diaper! lol

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

lol, i always laugh at that "your baby can read" bull crap.  i mean, is it supposed to guarantee they'll be a thousand times more successful and further ahead than our children by the time they're in school?  

i'm perfectly content letting my BABY sit there and drool and poop their pants and giggle at a stuffed animal, lol.

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:29 AM

i haven't personally met any moms like that.  feeding my kids solids...well that's just fun to watch cuz you know most of it ends up all over their face until they get the hang of it.  myself and every other mom i know forward faced their kid when the law said they could.  i dont know anyone that has the baby can read stuff, and while a lot of kids comment on my DD being very "smart," its never a competition thing for us.  i guess we are all just laid back mommies. 

babies do things when the do them.  the only time its been an issue is when my DS wasnt doing the things he was supposed to be doing at a certain age, and that's because it turned out he had autism.  but i hated my babies getting out of the baby stage.  it just makes me yearn for another baby lol.

mommyof3boys567
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM

I guess since they gave birth to THEIR child the are entitled to w/e way they want to raise them...Kinda like you and the choices ou make for your child.

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:32 AM

if your choices are about "ego," then so is the OP's post.  judgement is usally about ego.  and calling those moms sad or saying what they are doing is sad, when to be honest none of that stuff is really hurting the baby (unless you are like forward facing them at 2 weeks old or something lol), well that's about ego too.  our ego is how we want the world to see us...we all have one.  its not like if a mom didn't do those things it means she is without ego lol.

Quoting ThatBakerBabe:

I hardly think my ego is big because I want my child to eat solids or learn to read well..Sure the "your baby can read" is crap..but still..It has nothing to do with an ego..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)