Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever get a negative test result when you WERE pregnant? **UPDATE w/ question

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM
  • 36 Replies

We have just decided we want 3 children..luckily, because I have been suspecting I am pregnant anyway for a little over a week.  I don't know the date of my lmp because I was on the pill and missed one.  Then I bled every 2 weeks a ton for a bout a month and a half.  because of all the weird things from that I got off the pill the last time I bled which was about a month ago. 

Anyway, for a little over a week now my breasts have been pretty sore and getting more and more sore everyday.  I have had cramping for about 3-4 days now .  Dull twingy cramping all day long and no period is coming.  I have also felt extremely bloated (which is a new one for me..but apparently another symptom).  I have been extremely tired to the point where I am falling asleep everyday at some point.  Granted, I haven't been getting as much sleep as I need, but I can usually get through it.  The last time I couldn't control it like this was when I was pregnant with my daughter.  Now this morning and tonight I have felt nauseous and tonight i swallowed for like 10 mins till I couldn't hold it in anymore and puked.  I was pretty sick with both of my other pregnancies as well.  All signs point to being pregnant..the thing is, I have tested TWICE and both were negative!?  WTH is going on?  I don't know if I have quite passed the 'missed your period' date yet..I just know I have been having symptoms for a little more than a week.  I tested on Tuesday and again tonight after I threw up because I thought for sure since I'm puking it ought to show up right? 

Is it possible to be pregnant and it is just not showing up yet?  Is it really possible to feel symptoms THAT early on?  I think the last time we had sex or like 2nd to last time anyway was about 2 weeks ago and I think that would have been the one that did it.  We normally have sex more but I just have felt funny and the bloating is making me really uncomfortable.  I knew early on with both of my other children, just not THIS early.  Is it possible I am still testing too early?  help!  I know you can't tell me if I am pregnant..but is it possible it's too early to tell, even though I've had these symtoms over a week now?

UPDATE:

So, I thought about it and decided to look back in my phone at the date I called the dr. because that was the last date i started bleeding when I wasn't supposed to.  turns out, it was only August 7th, so that is why I am getting neg test results on the pee tests.  I KNOW I am pregnant though, I have to be!  I am going to the dr. today anyway because the pains I am having seem to be worse than just crampy cramps now.  they are pain that doesn't go away and it hurts worse when I flex the muscle down there, whether to pee or #2.  I think maybe I have a bladder infection or something.  I don't know what to think! 

Anyway, my question is:  Is it too early to take the blood test to find out?  I am about a week away from being able to take a pee test and have it show up.  Maybe I am overly sensitive since this would be my 3rd baby.  I am so nauseous today too.  Or I am dying or something..lol jk.  I just want to know what's going on!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Swtdreamerbaby
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:16 AM

bump!  I know it's kind of a long post, but someone please read it! :)

CodysMama07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 AM

I wish I had advice but Ive been feeling the same way lately. I feel pregnant... all the same symptoms as you but my test came back negative. I dont know when my periods are either because I used to have a Mirena IUD in and its been irregular since. Hopefully someone answers this who will know.

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:20 AM

well thanks for at least bumping the post! :)  Hopefully someone can help. 

Quoting CodysMama07:

I wish I had advice but Ive been feeling the same way lately. I feel pregnant... all the same symptoms as you but my test came back negative. I dont know when my periods are either because I used to have a Mirena IUD in and its been irregular since. Hopefully someone answers this who will know.

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:23 AM

I had a strong feeling I was...we had an oops where the condom broke not too long before, and I felt different ever since our oops. I was tired, yuck, and blah...so when I didnt get my period I knew since I am very regular. I waited a couple days to test..sure enough it was positive.

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:24 AM

it's entirely possible, just give it a few more days and test again!

and to answer your question, i did know i was pregnant both times i've been pregnant, before i ever tested positive :)  everyone thought i was insane.  same thing with my babies gender, i guessed those right too!

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:25 AM

did you ever get any negative test results at all?  Or you probably knew your lmp date and knew not to test too early..my problem is that I just have no clue lol

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

it's entirely possible, just give it a few more days and test again!

and to answer your question, i did know i was pregnant both times i've been pregnant, before i ever tested positive :)  everyone thought i was insane.  same thing with my babies gender, i guessed those right too!

whoda_thunk
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:26 AM

YES!!  This JUST happened to me!!!

Lilypie

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Ok, so then you found out later on that you ARE preg, right? congrats btw

Quoting whoda_thunk:

YES!!  This JUST happened to me!!!

Missy323

I knew I was pregnant because my hands and fingers swell.  I tested the 1st time and it was negative but the 2nd test 2 days later was positive.  The 2nd test was 2 or 3 days before my period was due.  All the symptoms you described are how I feel before I get my period including the nausea and vomitting so I can't help there.  The nausea during pregnancy is usually from an increase in hormones so if you had that it should show up on a test.  Good luck!

lvnmylif

When I got pregnant with my first son I had just stopped the depo shot.  The month I should have received my next injection I became pregnant.  My doctor assured me that wouldn't happen.  Anyway I had two pee tests and one blood test all come back negative.  I didn't get a positive pregnancy test until I was three months along. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)