Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeding Your 8 Month Old

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM
  • 7 Replies

What did you feed your 8 month old? My son doesn't have any teeth yet and the only thing he has had is forumla and number 2 foods. What all was your 8 month old eating? Are there any good websites for this information?

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momofboys631
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:38 AM

bump

baseballtoddler boybaby boy

Mom To 3 Rowdy Boys

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:16 AM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms
Infant/Baby Groups

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

tonyalynn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:19 AM

my daughter has the same thing daily. she has 2 teeth coming in, but still isnt good at chewing. her doctor said to try table food that is soft because it has more calories than the baby food. i just chop things really good or squish it so its easy for her to eat. 

Wife to BlakearmyMom to Madison and Katelyntoddler girlbaby girl

jothra
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:23 AM

Get a food processor, it's the best thing. I did spagetti- chopped up, fish, fruit and veggies, cherrios, puffs. My first didn't get any teeth until 8.5 mo old. Basically anything we had, it was smooshed or semi-pureed =)

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:32 AM
Signs of readiness for solid and finger foods
• Same as 6 to 8 months, PLUS
• Picks up objects with thumb and forefinger (pincer grasp)
• Can transfer items from one hand to the other
• Puts everything in his mouth
• Moves jaw in a chewing motion
What to feed
• Breast milk or formula, PLUS
• Small amounts of soft pasteurized cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese (but no cows' milk until age 1)
• Iron-fortified cereals (rice, barley, wheat, oats, mixed cereals)
• Mashed fruits and vegetables (bananas, peaches, pears, avocados, cooked carrots, squash, potatoes, sweet potatoes)
Finger foods (lightly toasted bagels, cut up; small pieces of ripe banana; well-cooked spiral pasta; teething crackers; low-sugar O-shaped cereal)
• Small amounts of protein (egg, pureed meats, poultry, and boneless fish; tofu; well-cooked and mashed beans with soft skins like lentils, split peas, pintos, black beans)
• Non-citrus juice (apple or pear)
How much per day
• ¼ to 1/3 cup dairy (or ½ oz. cheese)
• ¼ to ½ cup iron-fortified cereal
• ¼ to ½ cup fruit
• ¼ to ½ cup vegetables
• 1/8 to ¼ cup protein foods
• 3 to 4 oz. non-citrus juices
Feeding tip
• Introduce new foods one at a time, with at least three days in between to make sure your baby's not allergic.

If you click on the "back to top"  it should take you to the website i got this from.

dchance86
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 AM
omgamomie
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Been wondering about the same thing. I give her cut up fruits, beans, puffs,eggs( hard boiled or scrambled) bread crusts. All cut up to bite sized pieces so can pick them up with her hands. She has to feed herself so anything we eat for as long as its not too spicy. And my daughter got her teeth last month but she still could chew and mash and chop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)