Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My homeschooler asked me to asked you if you would be willing to help him with a project....

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM
  • 32 Replies

Greetings all... My homeschooler is doing a collection project for his US States book that we are working on.

Basically what we are doing is... we are investigating each state in unit studies that last anywhere from three days to a week.  He enters information about each state into his state book, and then does some online printable activities and research. One of the things that he would like to do is an art project for each state. He wants to print out maps and use glue to fasten dirt.earth from each state to the map and then glue these maps into the book.

So, what I am asking is if anyone would be willing to send me a small sample of earth from your state, in a small baggie (A few spoonfuls would do). My son would be eternally grateful to be able to complete his book.

Unfortunately, We can not afford shipping and handling for so many packages, but, my son would send thank you cards to anyone who helps him out. If you can not help, I completely understand, but I told him that I would at least ask.

I already have earth from Maryland and West Virginia, and I have earth coming from Mississippi and Florida.

If you would be willing to help us with the other states, please PM me so that I can keep track of who is sending and from what states...this was we will not duplicate. I will send you our P.O. Box if you PM. me.

Thank you so much,

Arianna

Edit:  Ok ladies...all of you rock!!!   If I can ever return the favor for your kids with anything...just let me know!!!

Here is an update of the states that I either have already or have coming soon:

Alabama

Arizona

Arkansas

California

Colorado

Florida 

Hawaii

Idaho 

Illinois

Indiana

Kentucky

Massachusetts

Maryland

Michigan

Minnesota

Mississippi

Missouri

Nevada

New Hampshire

New Jersey

New York

North Carolina

Ohio

Oklahoma

Pennsylvania

South Carolina

Texas

Washington

West Virginia

Wisconsin

Mommy, Wife, Homeschooler, Director of Religious Education, and Earth Religions Practitioner.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arianna
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:46 AM

Bump

Mommy, Wife, Homeschooler, Director of Religious Education, and Earth Religions Practitioner.

Arianna
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:51 AM

I've got New York coming now too... Thanks! Bump.

starrymonkey
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:57 AM

I'm from florida, so I'll just bump!

"Shh... Mommy doesn't know I'm a rockstar!"

Arianna
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:58 AM
idaho is on it's way. Thanks! Bump

Arianna
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:59 AM

Quoting starrymonkey:

I'm from florida, so I'll just bump!

Thank you very much!!!

Bump

Momo4512
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:01 AM

I am from CA not sure where u guys are and if u need CA

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:03 AM

No problem.....I live in Las Vegas (henderson) Nevada.....

I will be more than happy to send whatever he might need from nevada......

except spiders and snakes LMAO

dswarila
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM

Bump

mstnbecki
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:06 AM

NY here so BUMP 

army_wife_916
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:06 AM

bump sent you a PM fort lewis Washington

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)