Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHE ASKED ME WHEN I WAS DUE

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:30 AM
  • 14 Replies

i was chatting with dh cousin on myspace and we were talking about my kids going to school and she asked me when is the third child due. i kind of got offended but didnt say anything and just asked what third child. right away after that she said okay well i got to go. i think she got embarassed. i didnt think i looked pregnant. i do wear shirts that kinda skirt out, kwim. anyways now i feel like a total cow. do i really look pregnant

click here to see a pic of me

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
reecenkaden
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:34 AM

I used to get that a lot. It's the cut of the shirt you're wearing, when stuff looks like maternity clothes people assume.

dancingpengiune.gif the dancer image by jjjohnnaThis Penguin Dances for Freedom From Religion
I got that BOOM BOOM POW!!!

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:37 AM

if you have any kind of belly at all, an empire waist tends to accentuate it.  plus, it does look like it could be a maternity shirt.  its just the cut.  i'm sure in a different cut you would look just fine (not saying you look bad by any means lol....but i can see where maybe she got confused)

EmmysMom85

I agree it's the shirt.

jothra

I don't have myspace, so I didn't see more than a glimpse =) But it's probably just the top. My own OB/GYN asked if I needed an appointment when I was at work, in scrubs. He knew I was trying to get pregnant. I would hope that he would see me before I was showing, I wanted to slap him! Some people just don't know when to keep their mouths shut.

Rebecca75
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:36 AM

I have had that happen to me to. It was an old Co Worker. She only had known me when I was skinny.  I tend to gain all my weight in the middle and it makes me look like I am pregnant. I do agree with everyone on the shirt. It does look like one that could be maternity. But  I would never ever ask that question unless I had been told by the person that they were in fact pregnant. I am sure your cousin is extremely embarrassed that she asked that question.  I have to admit I do tend to wear some of my maternity pants still, and I have a tendency to wear shirts that may be making me look bigger. I do not like wearing tight clothing, never have, not even when I was a stick figure. I do like your shirt though, and it would be one I would wear too.

Rebecca

sadeyez11
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:46 AM

i like wearing shirts that pull away from my stomache. i mostly use those types of blouses. i dont like wearing clothes that are tight

Quoting Rebecca75:

I have had that happen to me to. It was an old Co Worker. She only had known me when I was skinny.  I tend to gain all my weight in the middle and it makes me look like I am pregnant. I do agree with everyone on the shirt. It does look like one that could be maternity. But  I would never ever ask that question unless I had been told by the person that they were in fact pregnant. I am sure your cousin is extremely embarrassed that she asked that question.  I have to admit I do tend to wear some of my maternity pants still, and I have a tendency to wear shirts that may be making me look bigger. I do not like wearing tight clothing, never have, not even when I was a stick figure. I do like your shirt though, and it would be one I would wear too.

Rebecca

kk_bella
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:16 AM

That happened to me two weeks ago....except I was at a bar, ordering my drink. The bartender thought I was pregnant.

And she yelled it out in front of everyone. I started crying. I know I'm sensitive, maybe that is silly. But I was so embarrassed. And I am already sensitive about my weight. I cried in the bathroom for 15 minutes, maybe longer.

My myspace pics are private I think. I'll see if I can post a pic for you. Oh, it also doesn't help that I have a 10 month old and still haven't lost all of the weight yet.

K, so I know this is a horrible picture of me, I was sweating balls, hadn't showered. We were working in the yard that day. Excuse the huge boob shot, it was supposed to be a before and after shot for my weight loss progress. Obviously, I am not thin and I have a gut still.

Mommyto6under7
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:20 AM

I'm a brutally honest person- and I don't think you look pregnant at all. You, or kkbella who also posted her picture. Neither one of you look pregnant.

Try not to let people like that bring you down. hugs

jencris
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:28 AM

I don't even see a belly on you. I don't think you look pregnant at all.

To the OP, it is definitely the shirt. It looks like a maternity shirt so i think maybe she just assumed that you were pregnant from just looking at the shirt.

Quoting kk_bella:

That happened to me two weeks ago....except I was at a bar, ordering my drink. The bartender thought I was pregnant.

And she yelled it out in front of everyone. I started crying. I know I'm sensitive, maybe that is silly. But I was so embarrassed. And I am already sensitive about my weight. I cried in the bathroom for 15 minutes, maybe longer.

My myspace pics are private I think. I'll see if I can post a pic for you. Oh, it also doesn't help that I have a 10 month old and still haven't lost all of the weight yet.

K, so I know this is a horrible picture of me, I was sweating balls, hadn't showered. We were working in the yard that day. Excuse the huge boob shot, it was supposed to be a before and after shot for my weight loss progress. Obviously, I am not thin and I have a gut still.

BoxerMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I don't think you look pregnant at all.  I do know that the cut of most shirts these days look like maternity shirts.  I have tiny arms and legs no matter how much weight I gain and almost everything I have gained is in my stomach.  Over the last 2 1/2 years I have been at my present job I have been asked by 7 or 8 people if I am pregnant.  It drives me nuts but I carry all of my weight in my belly.  Now when someone asks I don't feel bad for me but I feel bad for them because I know they are embarrased.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)