Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Great News for me and for all those that complain about it.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:39 AM
  • 9 Replies

My husband got a job on Wednesday making the the same money he was before he was laid off in Jan. We have already lost our house, our credit, our pride, and yes we had to go on (OH NO) foodstamps.  Since so many have complained about those of us on (OH NO) foodstamps I just wanted you all to know that our five kids and us will no longer be needing the (OH NO ) foodstamps.  And for the ladies that said that we never say Thank You for them: Thank You, (even though I paid over $500 dollars a week in taxes for over 6 years).  And I hope none of you never have to go without being able to put shoes on your kids feet, or worry if they are going to turn the power and water off, or if you will even have a home next month.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reecenkaden
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:41 AM

I know how you feel.

dancingpengiune.gif the dancer image by jjjohnnaThis Penguin Dances for Freedom From Religion
I got that BOOM BOOM POW!!!

Momo4512
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Heck yeah. I am on oh no foodstamps, until we can get back on our feet. Congrats on the new job

2gud2btrue
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 AM

you are welcome.

j/k i know how it goes around here when you even so much as broach the assistance topic lol.  great news for you...congrats!

EmmysMom85
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:43 AM

Good for you getting foodstamps and helping your family.. I know I pay taxes I should reap the benefits when needed..

sadeyez11
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:44 AM

awesome, i cant wait for the day that i can say we are off foodstamps. there is nothing wrong with you getting them. you needed them. congrats on your hubby getting a job. now if only mine could find one. it will be close to impossible for him to get paid what he was getting at his old job. good luck to you

LilrockerMama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Congrats thats awesome for you guys. I have no problem with helping people that wanna help themselves. It's the icky people that wanna just live off other people that are on drugs and popping out kiddos every chance they can never tryin to get a job and like.. idk work for themselves? take care of their kids? etc etc and when good people do need help they actually can't get it. So I'm glad your getting on your feet and I'm glad that you were able to get some help and that our money actually went to someone that actually needed it and deserved it. If you just knew half the stuff I see =(

SAMNMAYASMOM
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:48 AM

Haha congrats! I know people need help, I've needed it. It's just those self-righteous b*tches that think they shouldn't have to help someone in need. Well, guess what? We all need help at some point, and the Gubment(LOL) says that we have to. So, I say "Suck it!!!" to all those out there who b*tch and complain!

katzmeow726
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Hopefully I can make a post like this next year when DH is done with school!  Send a little of your good luck our way, eh?

ANd give your DH a big congrats!

DomesticDoll
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:56 AM

congrats on the hubby's new job..so cool! and you dont need to justify to anyone all that counts is your family, a roof over your head, food in your babies belly's, and you are all well... :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)