Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pregnant and painting???

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

My DH and I are moving into out our place this weekend...and I HATE the colors of the walls...I really want to paint them and get settled it....are there any "safe" paints out there that a pregnant woman can be exposed to at al?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
CallieJo05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:45 AM

anyone/???

SkroveMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:48 AM

dh and I painted when I was like 4 months preggo. I wore a mask and really ventilated the room. I don't think there are any problems with painting just don't inhale too many fumes and only be in there as long as you absolutely have to!

pinkguitar87
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:52 AM

I agree!!! :) GL and congrats on your new place!!! :)

Quoting SkroveMomma:

dh and I painted when I was like 4 months preggo. I wore a mask and really ventilated the room. I don't think there are any problems with painting just don't inhale too many fumes and only be in there as long as you absolutely have to!

Kadensmommy321
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:28 AM

You want to find one that says it has zero VOC. I think you can find them at like Lowe's or Home Depot. I believe they have less fumes and are safe around kids and pets too.

army_wife_916
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:30 AM

i looked it up and theres some milk paint?

http://www.milkpaint.com/path_safe.html

and an article about painting while preggo

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/7.html

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Keep the room well ventilated and I would recommend a latex based paint.  They have less odor than oil based paint.  I painted a dresser for my son while pregnant and I could hardly smell it at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)