Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your eyes colored?!?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 AM
  • 4 Replies

Here's my vent for the day...

When my oldest was a baby he had bright blue eyes. If you saw me with him you would think I stole him because he looked nothing like me. People always commented "OMG He has colored eyes." Then they looked at me crazy when I'd say we all have colored eyes. I've seen a lot of people refer to lighter eyes as colored eyes. Aren't brown eyes considered a color or did I miss something in science class? Someone said this to me again today about his eyes which are now a grayish hazel.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2torandis
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:47 AM

I don't know, I thought all eyes were 'colored'

roxy85
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Haha, that's what I thought too. I just don't get why some people say Oh they're colored in this suprised voice.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Angelbluewingsz
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Me too! I must have missed something in class the day they were naming colors...  I'd be like, Umm.. what else would they be besides colored?

Quoting Mom2torandis:

kk_bella
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Quoting Angelbluewingsz:

Me too! I must have missed something in class the day they were naming colors...  I'd be like, Umm.. what else would they be besides colored?

Quoting Mom2torandis:

Exactly.

No one has ever asked me that, my kids have blue eyes too and I have hazel/brown. I would look at them like they were NUTS!

And technically the only color that is not a color is white. It is the absence of color.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)