Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heather's being remade on the small screen

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:05 AM
  • 3 Replies

Winona Ryder & Christian Slater's 'Heathers' Coming To The Small Screen

Thu Aug 27, 6:36 AM PDT

The iconic dark teen comedy movie "Heathers," which starred Winona Ryder, Christian Slater and Shannen Doherty, is reportedly getting a second life on the small screen.

According to Variety, a TV series based on the 1988 movie about a girlfriend and boyfriend who take down the popular clique at a high school is being developed by FOX, Sony and Lakeshore Entertainment.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Stars Of The '80s - Fashion Flashback

The team behind the project is still deciding how to update the concept 20 years after it's debut, but said the original characters, Veronica Sawyer (Winona Ryder), J.D. (Christian Slater) and the "Heathers," would be included.

"We had the title, and talked about doing a film remake at times," said Lakeshore's Gary Lucchesi. "But doing it for TV seemed like a fresh and original idea."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: The Latest Star Sightings

Copyright 2009 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
VIEW THE PHOTOS: 80's Film Flashback

PLAY IT NOW: 'Star Trek' LA Premiere, Part II
PLAY IT NOW: '90210' Cast Members Celebrate 'Rock Band 2' Release

More from Access: [ Christian Slater Shannen Doherty TV ]

This was one of my favorite 80's movies. I'm kinda excited to see it but also afraid it might suck. I loved the orignal it was so dark and sarcastic. I was so not a heather in school.

Speaking of that movie something that's really sad and ironic is Kim Walker who played one of the Heather's and had the line "Did you eat a brain tumor for breakfast?" actually died of a brain tumor.

Anyway I'm rambling if you loved the movie Heather's will you watch the new show and do you think they can do it justice?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM

bump

LeslieSS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM

I loved that movie, wow its been forever since I've seen it. I too hope the tv show doesn't suck.

Septpreggo
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:53 AM

i remember that movie i think mean girls and jawbreakers was spinoffs of that movie, no i wouldnt watch a tv show because it wouldnt be any good and im in my 30s and over that stuff, just like i dont watch the new 90210, even though i loved the original

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)