Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM
  • 10 Replies

were your kids when they stopped believing in Santa, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc.? I want my dd's to have their innocence as long as they can, but I know my oldest dd won't believe in these things for too much longer! How about you guys???

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofgirls63
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:25 AM

bump

gobimom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM

My son stopped believing between 4th and 5th grade.   

unknownjourney
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Ok a lot of people will read this and probably laugh at me but I don't care.  I am a lot like you.  I wanted them to believe and be innocent for as long as possible too.  SO my oldest two believed until they were in 5th grade.  That is when their teachers made them write a paper titled "OH, how I long for the days when I believed Santa was real."  I was livid and went into the school and told them they had no right pushing their beliefs onto my children. MY DD teacher looked at me and said how can you allow your daughter to believe in something you can't see.  OK..now I know God and Santa are not the same thing but I went there.  I asked her if she had ever seen GOD and when she said no I asked her how she would feel if I placed my beliefs on her kids and told them that GOD was not real (I do believe in GOD).  Needless to say she did not like that all to well.  My youngest gets up to 5th grade and I think here we go again and come to find out they stopped that paper because I was not the only parent that felt that way.  My boy is in 8th grade now and I know he knows we are Santa and he knows we know he knows (Boy that is confusing...lol) but he plays along with it anyways. 

momofgirls63
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Thank you for sharing:) My oldest dd is in the 3rd grade now, and I think she kinda has a feeling, but she still wants to believe!

Quoting gobimom:

momofgirls63
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Oh my goodness! They had no right!!! I would have been so mad if that happened to my girls.

Quoting unknownjourney:

Ok a lot of people will read this and probably laugh at me but I don't care.  I am a lot like you.  I wanted them to believe and be innocent for as long as possible too.  SO my oldest two believed until they were in 5th grade.  That is when their teachers made them write a paper titled "OH, how I long for the days when I believed Santa was real."  I was livid and went into the school and told them they had no right pushing their beliefs onto my children. MY DD teacher looked at me and said how can you allow your daughter to believe in something you can't see.  OK..now I know God and Santa are not the same thing but I went there.  I asked her if she had ever seen GOD and when she said no I asked her how she would feel if I placed my beliefs on her kids and told them that GOD was not real (I do believe in GOD).  Needless to say she did not like that all to well.  My youngest gets up to 5th grade and I think here we go again and come to find out they stopped that paper because I was not the only parent that felt that way.  My boy is in 8th grade now and I know he knows we are Santa and he knows we know he knows (Boy that is confusing...lol) but he plays along with it anyways. 

WLNL0507
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Thankfully, we will never have to worry about "cutting ties" with Santa or any of those characters. We have our holidays and the kids (Oldest is 4) know the gifts/treats come from Mom and Dad :o)

Twizlr
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Quoting momofgirls63:

Thank you for sharing:) My oldest dd is in the 3rd grade now, and I think she kinda has a feeling, but she still wants to believe!

Quoting gobimom:

My oldest is in 3rd also.  We were talking about Christmas the other day and I got the feeling she was dying to tell me that she knew Santa wasn't real.  She stopped herself in mid sentance, said never mind and walked away.  I really hate to see this end with her but at least I have a few more years of Santa to go before they all know.  Hopefully she plays along as well as another replier's 8th grader does for her brothers!

BTW, I still believe in Santa!  lol!  Some really strange things happened on my DD's first Christmas.  Gifts appearing out of no where, ect.  My ex DH and I are still baffled by this. 

momofgirls63
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Well, that's easy, but I think it's fun for the kids and us to make the characters a big part of our holidays:) At least you don't have to worry about "getting caught" by one of the kids!!

Quoting WLNL0507:

Thankfully, we will never have to worry about "cutting ties" with Santa or any of those characters. We have our holidays and the kids (Oldest is 4) know the gifts/treats come from Mom and Dad :o)

momofgirls63
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Well that is strange! Could it have been a grandparent who put the mysterious gifts there???

Quoting Twizlr:

Quoting momofgirls63:

Quoting gobimom:

My oldest is in 3rd also.  We were talking about Christmas the other day and I got the feeling she was dying to tell me that she knew Santa wasn't real.  She stopped herself in mid sentance, said never mind and walked away.  I really hate to see this end with her but at least I have a few more years of Santa to go before they all know.  Hopefully she plays along as well as another replier's 8th grader does for her brothers!

BTW, I still believe in Santa!  lol!  Some really strange things happened on my DD's first Christmas.  Gifts appearing out of no where, ect.  My ex DH and I are still baffled by this. 

Twizlr
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:12 AM

Quoting momofgirls63:

Well that is strange! Could it have been a grandparent who put the mysterious gifts there???

Quoting Twizlr:

Quoting momofgirls63:

Quoting gobimom:

We asked them all(even the grandfather that doesn't believe in celebrating with gifts) and if one of them did they aren't talking even 8 years later.  It was just really strange, but really cool at the same time.  It is a really nice memory of my DD's fist Christmas for all of us too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)