Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am distraught.. Maybe TMI for some.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:36 AM
  • 28 Replies

I am in tears. I've just come back from the Vet. It is 10.27pm here.

I came home from the hospital with my DS (who had gastro) to find our beloved Rhodesian Ridgeback dog looking very very unwell. I called a vet and begged him to meet me at his clinic (it was 24hr emergency line, but the owner of the clinic was away). By the time I got there Brodie (our beauitful dog) had gone into shock and then started to bleed from behind. The vet got there to find me sitting next to him crying. He helped me carry him inside and tested him for Parvo. There was nothing we could do. He was in so much pain. I held him and rubbed him little 'mohawk' ridgeback just like he likes as he slipped away from us.

One of the hardest things i've ever had to do. He and My 10 month old son were meant to grow up together, be best friends, I pictured them comeing into the house all covered in mud from playing ball. My DS walks out in the morning straight to the big glass door to say good morning to Brodie, every single morning. Tomorrow morning is going to be difficult. They loved each other so much. We all love him. Rest In Peace our beautiful, gentle, kind Brodie. You are missed greatly our backyard is to quiet without you.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
YorkEricaL
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM

That is so sad : (  Im so sorry!!

diane-b
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:38 AM

im sorry

supermom0094

awwwww Im so sorry ((((HUG))))

calcalmommy

Aww!! I'm so sorry!!This isn't meant to heartless in any way, but if it was going to happen soon, it's better that it did while your DS is still to young to remember.  I'm sorry!!

aimige
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I am so sorry.. the same thing happened to my parents on Christmas Eve a few years back... Shadow went into shock and started bleeding from her behind... they decided to put her down and didn't get another dog.  It hurt too much..

hugging

Suz_and_Ash
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM

I'm sorry.  Loosing a pet IS loosing a member of your family.

momofgirls63
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM

Quoting YorkEricaL:

That is so sad : (  Im so sorry!!

Alishia655
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM

im sorryI am so sorry. this got me to tears. I have to take my puppy to the vet today.

zbee
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Honey, I know exactly what your going through. I lost my Z-bee Feb 9th of this year and not a day goes by without me crying for her. I'm crying as I type this to you. I know from the depths of my heart what your feeling. My Z was like a baby to me. She was my baby. We had her 12 years. She was a chi-terrier mix, and the best baby anyone could have. She ran this house believe me. People tell us to get another furbie, .....ya, like that would replace my Z. I'm not ready yet.

I'm still where your at right now emotionally and I'm so very sorry your going through this. I hope there is a way you can explain this to your little boy. No matter how or what you say, it's going to be hard for him also. Good luck hon and my condolences for your huge loss........Hugs 

Ma2mase
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:09 AM

Thank you ladies. Iwe've lost a very important member of our family tonight. My DH was crying (he is a big 'men don't cry' advocate so its heart-wrenching to see him like that) He says he feels guilty that I had to be the one to take him to the vet alone and that he wasn't strong enough to do it. Someone had to stay home with DS, and DH was taking it very hard and didn't want to do it. The vet said I have to disinfect my entire yard and wherever brodie had been, bleach would work, if I wanted another dog. I don't want another dog. I want brodie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)