Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 car seats in a Saturn! Come check it out! (pics)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM
  • 81 Replies

Ive been driving my friend and her kids around with my daughter and me lately.  Here is how we successfully fit 3 kids in 1 small car. This install has been checked by a Safe Kids certified car seat tech.

From drivers side to passenger side, we have...

2.5 year old Donnie, 30lbs, RF in an Evenflo Titan 5 (seat RF to 35lbs)

3.5 year old Scarlett, 28lbs, RF in a Sunhine Kids Radian 65 (this older model RF to 33lbs, newer models RF to 40lbs)

4 month old Haidyn, 15lbs, RF in an Evenflo Discovery (this seat RF to 22lbs and requires that the handle be back when in the car.)

In order for this to work in my car, the Radian has to be in the middle.

Why does my toddler ride Rear-Facing? Because she is not a minimum. She deserves more than that. If we get into an accident, I want to know that I have done everything in my power to protect her.  Rear-Facing is endorsed by every car seat authority in the US. It is PROVEN to be safer. Why would I choose to take an unneccessary risk with the most precious gift that I have been given? PM me for more info!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kk_bella
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:44 AM

LOL That's great.

edwardsgirl

wow.

I think the 4 month old should be in the middle.

but wow.

Babybutterfly08

cool

unknownjourney
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:45 AM

That looks like a joyful handfull 

roxy85

Yeah, that's how I've done it when I put three car seats in my Ford Focus.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

wow.

but wow.

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

prestonjohn

that cute,,,they all fit snugglie but how are you feeling? knees up to the dash,,lol

grammarpolice

It looks like the back of a few of the seats are touching the back of the front seats of the car. I was under the impression that the child car seat should not touch the front seat backs of the car in any manner. Can you elaborate on this?

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Not trying to be mean, but I think the baby should be in the middle as well. You should also invest in a sunshade for them so they aren't blinded by the sun.  That's great that can be done but wow. In a side impact they'll be squashed together like sardines in a can..

ShannieP
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:50 AM

A correct install in the outside position is better than an INCORRECT install in the middle. In my Focus, Icannot put the handle of my infant carrier down when its in the middle, so I have to put it on the outside.

Quoting roxy85:

Yeah, that's how I've done it when I put three car seats in my Ford Focus.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

wow.

but wow.

prestonjohn
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM

people this is legal the way they are on there,,give it a rest, its not permanent just while she drives her friend around,,and as far as a crash goes,,i mean really now it doesnt matter how they are in there if the crash is bad enough someone is gonna get hurt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)