Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you go? Update in red plus pic of the diaper cake

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM
  • 7 Replies

my husband works with my father at his auto repair shop. they have a mechanic there, i will call him ray. im not particularly fond of ray but him and my husband get along great. ray's gf is due to have a baby in a few months and we were invited to her baby shower. i have never met this woman,i dont know her name,  i dont even know what she is having!! its this saturday and i wont know anyone there accept ray and my husband. i dont want to go but hubbs promised we would show up. now i have to buy a gift for a woman i dont even know and a man i simply despise. so tell me ladies? would you go to this baby shower? oh, and i only found out about this LAST NIGHT. thats right, three days ahead, no invite, just a "oh my gfs baby shower is saturday can you come?"

EDIT**** am i obligated to go becuase he came to my sons bris 2 years ago? he only stayed for a few minutes and left.

UPDATE: well we are not gonna go if it rains. they want to have a tent but i am not in the mood to chase aiden out of rain puddles. i think im gonna make a pink diaper cake.

Update: well, we didnt go. it was ok thou, they did have it outside under a tent and it was raining hard! i did make a diaper cake and gave it to him on monday at the shop. he loved it. nobody else gave them diapers. the baby was born today!! she is cute from what i hear and very healthy.

here is the diaper cake:

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Yes, I would.

aidensema
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:33 AM

why?

Quoting JulyBabies:

Yes, I would.

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:34 AM

I'd NOT go, and send a small gift..

But if it means so darned much to your SO, then go for an hour then excuse yourself and leave. You don't even know this lady, and don't like "Ray". I'd be like, "Thanks for the invite, but unfortunately I have prior commitments"

ShortCakeScrap
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:37 AM

No, I would not go. 

youngmamma11
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:38 AM

I'd go if my husband was going too.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:39 AM

Quoting aidensema:

why?

Quoting JulyBabies:

Yes, I would.

Because your husband already promised, he is friends with this guy and he was kind enough to invite you. You don't have to stay for the entire thing, just make an appearance.

calcalmommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM

I would go, its just a nice thing to do.  You could always just give a gift card to Walmart, Babies'R'Us.  You could make a diaper cake....You never know!  This woman could end up being a great friend!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)