Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opinions and maybe advice on some art i like:) poll.... do you like or is it wrong to have with kids in the house?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: do you like the art?

Options:

yes:)

nah:(

too unapropriate

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

my room has a king size bed with dark grey comforter and black and grey curtains. black dresser... tv stand. and a few mirror demask boxes on the dresser. plain.

i found this art at art.com but each pic is 400 bucks! you think i could blow them up at a print shop... cut the stencil out and paint it on canvas or something. maybe blow them up and frame them on grey or maybe colored frames?

also do you think its too unapporiate to have in my room. my room needs a feminine touch to it.

i have sons lol

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:44 AM

In your room I'd say it's okay.  The rest of the house, probably not so much.  They're simple and elegant though.

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:45 AM

I really don't like it much :(

ramadan mubarak

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Though it is not my style, it is perfect for a bedroom and sounds like it will work well with your decor.

Nzumbe
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:46 AM

For $400?  No way.  That's a complete rip off.

I could make that with a sharpee in 5 minutes.

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I like them.

TattedMommyof2

I like them.  I sure as heck wouldn't spend $400 a piece for them...I like your idea of doing it yourself.  You bedroom sounds a lot like my room.  I have light grey walls with all black furniture.  I've been wanting to get some black and white art for our walls. 

cherryici

i like for the bedroom. very simple art works.

Marvynsmama

I like it!! But definitely dont think its worth 400 bucks, LMAO! I think im going to become an artist!! Anyways, I think its cool, and if you can recreate it, it would be worth the style. But only in ur bedroom, i would  NOT recomend it for a livingroom, lol!

biteme60
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM

I'm a firm believer that any kind of art is ok anywhere in the house. My kids grew up knowing that the human body is a beautiful thing and there's nothing dirty about it.

cherryici
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM

colored frames would work best. add a touch of color to the room maybe touches of deep red in spots. i love black white grey and dark red when they are combined in the right way. good luck. and i'm sure you can get copies for stenciling.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)