Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help like seriously Please!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok my son is 29 months old.. and he's been fully Pee potty trained for 5 whole months but Poop is a whole nother freaken story!!! He has not ever not even once pooped in the potty i've tried everything i can possibly think of. I even did the make them sit on the potty for 30 mins and well as soon as i take him off he poops in his underwear. I make him help me clean them out. i've tried getting him new ones so that he likes them (cars) and i tell him he cant poop on his cars and says ok. I have him sit on his lil potty or the big one. i've brought him in there while i was.. and he'll say momma poo poo'd so he knows where he is supposed to go. I feel like giving up... He does great with pee'ing. (only has had maybe 3 accidents since we changed him to underwear) please help me

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Ninjabear
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:53 AM

my son is still working on just the peeing in the potty, he stil has 2-3 accidents a day. so here's a bump for ya.

Jess. Mommy to Vincent and Ember. Wife to Michael aka Isis.

"Seeing the path and walking the path are two completely different things."

DaisyAg2003
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:54 AM

My oldest daughter did that...it was really frustrating, but on day it just clicked!  and she did it!

My 3rd child (who we are potty training right now) doesn't always poop in the potty.  At first she was scared to...thinking she could only poop in her diaper.  I had to tell her that it was ok to poop in the potty!  :)

I don't know how to help you really....have you tried the reward system?  If he goes poop so many times in the potty (in a row) he gets a toy that he wants?  Have you tried giving him lik 2 or 3 M&M's for pooping in the potty?

Good luck!

NO1LKME3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I will be of no comfort.  My son (now almost 11) was not fully poo poo trained until a week after he turned 4.  My oldest daughter was fully trained by 20 months.  My 18 month old is nowhere near trained.

Sorry, you seem to be doing all you can.  It will happen, I promise.

Candie~~

I have been a mom for 17+ years....I have been there, done that, seen it all and probably have the scars to prove it.

~We wanted to do a domestic open adoption so our daughter could know her birthfamily. Our daughters birthmother chose not to abort her, how could we abort our daughters birthmother from our lives.~

KeaganzMommy07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

My oldest daughter did that...it was really frustrating, but on day it just clicked!  and she did it!

My 3rd child (who we are potty training right now) doesn't always poop in the potty.  At first she was scared to...thinking she could only poop in her diaper.  I had to tell her that it was ok to poop in the potty!  :)

I don't know how to help you really....have you tried the reward system?  If he goes poop so many times in the potty (in a row) he gets a toy that he wants?  Have you tried giving him lik 2 or 3 M&M's for pooping in the potty?

Good luck!

LOL yes i well tried the reward system you cant really reward them if there not even poopin in the potty so i'll put a snack on the counter and tell him if he will poop he can have it and he wont!!!

Marvynsmama
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Does he ever show signs that he is pooping in his diaper or undies? ex. does he squat or grunt? cause if he does run his to the bathroom even if he is in the middle of it. duno, havent started potty training yet.

KeaganzMommy07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:13 AM

Quoting Marvynsmama:

Does he ever show signs that he is pooping in his diaper or undies? ex. does he squat or grunt? cause if he does run his to the bathroom even if he is in the middle of it. duno, havent started potty training yet.

Yep tried that too! lol! and he wont do it! he'll sit on the potty and when i go get him off as soon as i put his underwear back on him he poops

AJCAR32
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:30 AM

This may seem mean but I have potty trained 5 kids except for my neice they were all trained by 2.  2 of them had this same problem.  If you see him grunt or what ever he does especially after meal times etc.  Get him too the potty and MAKE HIM SIT UNTIL HE DOES HIS BUSINESS.  Now if he is anywhere as near as stubborn as my neice was if he is there for more than 30 min get him up but the sec he craps his pants, take him too the shower and you tell him how gross over and over while giving him an ice cold washing.  After the ice showers my neice quit pooping her pants after 2 showers.  And when she started pooing on the pottly she was sooooo happy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)