Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter broke my heart :(

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM
  • 3 Replies

Today my little girl started kindergarten! She was so, so nervous, but felt better knowing her big brother was there in the same building.

Her school does a staggered start for kindergarten, so only about 1/3 of her class would start today and each child's parent could stay all day! I was so looking forward to this. Normally, I would be working already (I'm a teacher,) but my district's calendar got pushed way back this year. My husband went two years ago for my son. I just could not wait to spend the day with her. We've been talking about and planning this day all summer.

Last night, as I was tucking her in, she started telling me that she really wanted her dad to go with her. She said it over and over and I could tell she really did want him. So, my husband and I talked about it and both wanted to do whatever made her feel the most safe and secure (she cried everyday going into 4 year old preschool, but not 3 year old...strange!) He took off and went with her today, but I have been crying since 9 last night.

I'm not at all mad...just disappointed I guess. I wanted to see her in this new element and maybe even sneak a peak of my son in his new class! I think I was really caught off guard.

Anyway, they are walkers, so I dropped my 7 year old, 5 year old, and 30 year old off at school today and went home and cried a little more! The important thing is that she is having a great day.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
GillyMarie
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:44 AM

awwww... im sorry. that sucks... simple frown hopefully she will come home and tell you all about her 1st day.. 

stefvan
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Awww.... I would be disappointed to.  But, my son is like that - always wants his daddy.

mirandar2001
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Aww mom, don't be sad. She just daddy's little girl. Its bittersweet. And imagine how happy she was! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)