Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help help help... im so frustrated!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM
  • 22 Replies

So, I posted yesterday about the plumbing in my bathroom being messed up... anyways, I tried to do some dishes yesterday and water backed up into my bathtub again... so the clog is definately under the house! I cant use my toilet, bathtub... or any sink in the house! I have to go to my dads house tonight so me, SO, and DD can all take showers... luckily DS is a newborn and still gets baths in his baby bathtub.

Okay, so my problem is this: It is going to take a professional to clear this clog. Ive been told its the landlords problem to fix, but he said its OUR problem and we have to pay out of pocket for something that was messed up before we even moved in (but we have no way to prove it). Because we have to pay rent this week, we have NO money to fix the problem and since I had NO CLUE it was going to back up I ended up going #2 right before the clog, so when I flushed the toilet not only did it almost over flow, BUT it backed up into the tub... so there has been poo water sitting in both the bathtub and toilet for two days now! My bathroom smells like ASS and its completely unsanitary! I cant clean it because the water wont go anywhere if I did, so it would be a mix of cleaner and poo water just sitting in my tub... blech!

What should I... can I do?! I need to figure something out NOW, I need my bathroom to work... I need to wash my dishes... hell, I need to wash MYSELF!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:01 AM

bump please!! 

CrozCryz
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:05 AM

It sounds like a nasty clog that only a professional could fix... but have you tried pouring Coca-Cola down your sink's?  Coca-Cola is an evil, evil substance that works 10x better than any clog products on the market, in my opinion!  That's the only reason I don't drink it, though I love the taste, because knowing what it does for clogs and such makes me wonder what it would do to my insides!

ALLYMAMA1105
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

you need to check you lease. We rent our house out and the last ppl that rented our house were in charge of minor repairs to the house. Say the water focet broke they would replace it. But the plumbing, roof, heaters, stuff like that was our responsibility. But if there is just a clog and you have lived there for a while then it is most likely caused by you. and you would be responsible. If you just moved in then you should have to pay for it

rebeccasmommy09
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:06 AM

It is definitely your landlords responsibility to take care of any kind of problem like this and it should come out of his pocket. If he refuses and insists that you pay for it, then whatever it costs for the plumber to come out and fix the clog should be deducted from the rent you were planning to pay him. 

CafeMom Tickers
alwaysyoung
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM

bump.

texasduchess
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I'm no lawyer, but this sounds like something you can go ahead and pay out of pocket for and then take your landlord to court to get your money back. 

momma060709
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

It would clean your insides...but I would suggest instead of coca-cola use an acid you would have to take your toilet from where it is sitting and pour it directly into that...most hardware stores sale it I think its 20 dollars at the most but it works wonders and big plus is it cleans the pipes while its at it...its some kind of plumbing acid so I would suggest that! Good luck!

Quoting CrozCryz:

It sounds like a nasty clog that only a professional could fix... but have you tried pouring Coca-Cola down your sink's?  Coca-Cola is an evil, evil substance that works 10x better than any clog products on the market, in my opinion!  That's the only reason I don't drink it, though I love the taste, because knowing what it does for clogs and such makes me wonder what it would do to my insides!

HouseKatof2
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM

I had a problem like this in an old house I lived in, with my ex, 11 years ago. It kept backing up into our showers and stuff. Look in your yard and see if you have an drain access cap (i think that is what they call it). It is a round cap about the size of a large sink drain. If you find it and can open it, it will flood your yard (kind of gross) but it will drain the plumbing from inside your house. If your hubby, or anyone you know, is somewhat handy around the house they may be able to get the clog fixed through that access. My ex was able to clear our drains on 2 different occasions doing that.

Good luck! 

"It is in our obligation to endure that we achieve the right to know."
~My Dad 

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" 
~Fredrick Douglass

JessicaEOH
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:20 AM

I would call the health department or department of housing to see what they say about whose responsibility.  I don't think renters are EVER liable for things like that, unless it's stated in the agreement that you are...reread that, and call around to find out who is responsible.

Cyndi310
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

bump

blowing bubblesice creamboy on a swing

Angel       Doug         Liam

Mommys little bratts

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)