Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep a straight face?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM
  • 6 Replies

When you are scholding your little ones and they give you the "cute" face?
DD is hitting terrible 2's early. Lots and lots of time outs. She keeps wanting to get up, so I put her back in and as I awlk over to her, she gives me the cheesy smile. I can't help but smile back when I see that, but the defeats the "threatining" purpose of time out if she sees mommy smile and laugh :)

ramadan mubarak

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Kaelaasmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Don't look at her. Carry her at waist level and just look over her head. You won't see the smile and she will see that you are mad. 

CafeMom Tickers

I am a non-ERF, can't wait to drop the booster, breast-fed til 6 weeks, Nestle formula using, pro-choice, Independent, open-minded, gay marriage supporting, CIO, NON-AP, former Marine mom to the only perfect child on Earth. Don't tell me how to raise my kid, and I won't tell you what's wrong with yours!

jillbailey26
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Oh my goodness.  Wait until she starts really talking and can actually form an answer for one of your rhetorical questions.  It's REALLY hard then.  Our boys have us cracking up all the time!!

*When I pray "coincidences" happen, when I don't pray, they don't*

grantsmommy23
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I do everything I can to hurry up and put him in time out and then turn away.  He knows to give me the cute look or go to give me a hug.  Kids are smart...they know that if they flash a cute smile that they can get away with anything. lol 

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I am not much help because I am a giggler.  I just try to turn away.  It only gets worse as they get older and they start to have a real sense of humor. 

mommyannabanana

treehugger823
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM

lol i know what you mean! dd will do that.... so I just cover my mouth and force myself not to smile... its so hard though because she is so freakin adorable, as is your little one!

pregnancy due date
CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
chloesmom714
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:14 PM

I try to keep a straight face, but sometimes I just can't. =) =)

Ovulation ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)