Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick - I need dinner ideas asap - thanks the recipe was excellent

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok.  My brain just is functioning right now I have too much going on.  I have tons of cooked shredded chicken in the freezer that I want to use for all five meals next week as my meat.  I like to cook and I cook every week night for the last 13 years.  I should know what to do but I swear something is wrong with my brain today.  So far I have only come up with chicken burritos and chicken spaghetti.  I do work so it can't be something that takes a long time to cook.

Thank you Kays Mama06!  We had the buffalo pasta last night and it was great!  I only used one can of cream of chicken though.  We loved it!  For those of you that haven't tried this you really need to!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sxybxmami
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM

what about chicken breast stuffed with avocado and Asadero Cheese, with a chipotle sauce, over yellow rice. I made that the other night and it was soooooooo good

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Ohhh.. Buffalo Chicken Pasta. Its sooo good.. And a HUGE hit in one of my other groups.. lol..

Its meant for the crock pot but i have made it not using one.

BoxerMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

The chicken is already cooked and shredded but that sounds good.

Quoting sxybxmami:

what about chicken breast stuffed with avocado and Asadero Cheese, with a chipotle sauce, over yellow rice. I made that the other night and it was soooooooo good

BoxerMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Do you have the recipe?

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Ohhh.. Buffalo Chicken Pasta. Its sooo good.. And a HUGE hit in one of my other groups.. lol..

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM

baking
Hi,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups...

Recipes
Crock Pot Moms
Recipe Swap!
HOME COOKING RECIPES

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Kays_Mama06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM

Buffalo Pasta
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks (raw of course) (the end result for me is the chicken is so tender its shreds alone so i guess you just dont have to cook it for as long you know)
salt/pepper/garlic powder
1 med. red onion diced fine
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mild/hot wing sauce (the kind used for hot wings)
3 cups uncooked penne ( this needs to be cooked)
1 cup crumbled blue cheese or you could use feta
2 cups sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. Season chicken with salt/pepper/ garlic powder. Place in crock. Add onion, soup, & wing sauce, and pour over chicken and mix up. Cover, cook on high 3-4 hours. Until chicken is tender.
2. Add sour cream, shredded cheese, & 1/2 of the crumbled blue cheese to the chicken mixture. Mix well & turn CP to low.
3.. Cook your pasta, drain well & put into CP with chicken mixture. When serving, sprinkle with some crumbled blue cheese.

Quoting BoxerMomma:

Do you have the recipe?

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Mommy2Two4Now
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

Chicken tacos...or fajitas

Chicken in mac and cheese

Chicken and rice casserole

Chicken and dumplings

Chicken veggy soup

Chicken pot pie

Chicken chili

~~~Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~~~

Michelle2080
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I have an easy chicken recipe in my 'journal'.  It's yummy!

I

April9704
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM

what about just taking the chicken and adding some bbq sauce and serving it like pulled pork sandwiches.....i think that would be yummy and serve it with any side dish  

BoxerMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Thanks for the help.  I knew there was something my brain just wasn't thinking.  Now I am hungry but I have to spend my lunch hour getting groceries.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)