Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The annoying people say to me when im out with my kids...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM
  • 44 Replies

Well every thursday i take my 3 daughters out for lunch and then we go shopping to a few stores...They are ages 3 , 2, and 1....and im 7 months pregnant (baby boy!)...im also a young mommy so i feel i get it more than average..im almost 23... and i always seem to get a few annoying comments or questions...here they are....

~Wow! are those all your kids?!? and your having another one! your CRAZY!---YES THEY ARE AND NO IM NOT!

~Oh my god? How do you go out with all of them by yourself??---HOW WOULDN'T I? THEY ARE MY KIDS?, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO SIT HOME ALL DAY BECAUSE I HAVE 3 YOUNG KIDS?

~Do you need help getting them into the car?----UM NO THANK YOU! LOL I DONT KNOW YOU!!

~Did you plan to have your kids so close? ---MY 1ST TWO YES, TWO NO, DOES IT MATTER? NO I WOULDNT CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD!

~Are they all from the same father?---WOW REALLY? YES...WHY IT MATTERS TO YOU??

~~~AND MY MOST ANNOYING ONE YET...the other day i was at the post office and my oldest had a meltdown because of something...i dont even remember, so i just picked her up and started walking home (we live 2 blocks from it) then their was a lady standing their STAREING at me shaking her head...i said "what???" pretty snotty i was kinda mad lol...and she goes HUUMM MAKES YOU WISH YOU DIDNT HAVE THEM DOESNT IT???I wanted to scream at her! all i said was no it just makes me wish she took her nap today! i never wish i didnt have my kids!!!

ok so that is my big vent for the day lol...anyone else have any annoying comments from people?

EDIT!!!  

Do you need help getting them into the car?----UM NO THANK YOU! LOL I DONT KNOW YOU!!

i just wanted to clear that statement up i put lol in their because i thought it was funny...i was talking to a new grandma and she asked that as we were walking out of the mall...i didnt take offence to that one, i really thought it was funny and nice although i would never except the offer

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
perphexion
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM

It depends on where I am.  If I'm on base and my child has a meltdown everybody understands.  When I go somewhere else and she has a meltdown people look a little strange and I only have one.  I could care less though.  It's life.

SGJsmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I am not a young mommy and I get some of the same comments. I have 5 children: 10, 8, 2, 1 and an 8 week old. I laugh most of them off. I think it is nice that someone offered to help. I wouldn't have accepted it either, but still it was nice. The only one I haven't heard is the "Are they all from the same father", I wouldn't have laughed that one off, I would have said something sarcastic.

CarterMommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

wow that's crazy

it never ceases to amaze me the things i see all these mom's on here post. i have never had any really rude comments about my kids when i'm out. the only comments i get are how adorable and well behaved they are. and of course they ask if they are all boys or if the little one is a boy too if they can't tell.

i'm young pretty young too, i'm 24 with a 4 year old, 18 month old and almost 2 month old and the only time i've ever gotten a comment about my age it wasn't even said to me, it was too my sister when she was holding my oldest when he was a month old. they lady said to her "oh, young mother" and my sister said "oh no, he's not mine, he's my sister's" the lady - "yes, young mother" my sister - "what? she's 20?..." the lady walked away 

DaisyAg2003
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

That is the same boat and comments I always got/still get!

Nicky80
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

the meltdowns are the ones that bother me..pple stare like they have never sen a child throw a tantrum before..it makes me so mad..my son has adhd and odd and he never listens to me regardless of what i do and we have the meltdowns all the time and everywhere we go

nysa76
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

the biggest one I get is "are they all yours?"  Yes, it's annoying.  I'm 33.  My kids are (boys) 14, 11, 10 and my daughter is 8.  Opposite of yours lol.  It got less for a few years but now that my  kids are all starting to outgrow me, it's starting again.

"I'm selfish, I'm impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:05 PM

Some of those don't sound too bad, honestly.

I might make a comment about taking so many kids out, but it would be a compliment. I would be in awe, because I can barely handle one.

Do people still offer to help you to your car? I think that's great, though I've never experienced it myself.

the other comments are rude, but I would just ignore them. I got a few raised eyebrows when I had my daughter. I still do, now that she's in high school and looks more like my sister than my daughter, lol. 

Leener3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM

I personally would never say any of those statements except maybe...do you need help getting them in the car.  I don't think that deserves to be in with the other rude statements.  Maybe getting so many rude questions all the time has left you a little jaded to when someone is genuinely trying to be nice.

n03z07l08
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:07 PM

I always get "are you the mommy?" ...My fav is when I have my sister with me and people give me dirty looks and think im her mom (imonly 9 years older than her lol)

And I hate when people ask me if they are twins (my younger 2) they are 2 and 1 but not that close in size..I even got asked if they were triplets once..which was ridiculous because my oldest is five and has the blondest hair you ever seen (the other two are brown)

Mommy2519
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:08 PM

i just wanted to clear that statement up i put lol in their because i thought it was funny...i was talking to a new grandma and she asked that as we were walking out of the mall...i didnt take offence to that one, i really thought it was funny and nice although i would never except the offer

Quoting Leener3:

I personally would never say any of those statements except maybe...do you need help getting them in the car.  I don't think that deserves to be in with the other rude statements.  Maybe getting so many rude questions all the time has left you a little jaded to when someone is genuinely trying to be nice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)