Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

confused

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM
  • 5 Replies

my son is 12m old and wants to be held all the time if i put him down he cries and i feel so bad which in turn makes me feel like a bad mom. HELP ME!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mover
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Has he always been clingy or is this a new behavior?

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Has he always been like this or is it recently? If it is recently, it may just be seperation anxiety. It's normal and will pass. Try to get a baby sling so you can get stuff done! Or put him in his high chair when you are cooking or doing something else

ramadan mubarak

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM

welcome to cafemom

Hi!

Thank you for joining the group!

Please feel free to join in the conversation and share your thoughts with the other members here.  You can reply to posts and start posts of your own.  As you meet other members, visit their pages and say hello.  You may want to send out some friend invitations, too!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms like you in these:
Recommended Groups.

To find moms in your area, click here: 
Find Moms In Your Area!

For help setting up your profile page and adding widgets, visit the CafeMom Group:
Toadily Grand Slammin Profiles .

You can find information and moms talking about different topics by using the search bar at the top of every page.

Anytime you have a question or suggestion for us, please send a message to:
The
Cafe Group Admin Team.

We really appreciate feedback from members and we keep all reports confidential.

coffee    

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

mrs.curtis07
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM

i think a lot of babies go through a short attachment phase during this time.  also, this is when dd was teething her top teeth, and those two teeth on top (the two front teeth) were the worst teething experience for her, and she was incredibly clingy during that time.  once they finally broke through, she was fine.  just try to keep your sanity, lol (easier said than done, huh?) and know that it's just a phase.  i really think it will pass.  he might just be needing extra love right now for whatever reason.  like i said, dd did this for almost an entire month at this age, and now she's the most insanely independent 20 month old you've ever met.

Wife to Brandon since 02.16.07 * Mommy to Emma Sue 12.27.07 * Henry Bishop is on his way!  EDD: 11.04.09*

I'm a proud U.S. Army combat veteran.

Ilovemyson51508
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM

I totally agree with this my son was the same way! i got one of those backpack carriers for him and just carried him around all day  facing out he loved it and he was happy. it will pass i promise maybe try giving him motrin or teething rings frozen my son loved those or put his sippy cup in the freezer 15 mins before you give it to him and it makes the top really cold. my son loved it when i did that! pm me if you have anymore questions good luck

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

i think a lot of babies go through a short attachment phase during this time.  also, this is when dd was teething her top teeth, and those two teeth on top (the two front teeth) were the worst teething experience for her, and she was incredibly clingy during that time.  once they finally broke through, she was fine.  just try to keep your sanity, lol (easier said than done, huh?) and know that it's just a phase.  i really think it will pass.  he might just be needing extra love right now for whatever reason.  like i said, dd did this for almost an entire month at this age, and now she's the most insanely independent 20 month old you've ever met.

I love my son with every bone in my body, hes my world! He is  a 1yr. old  handsome lil man who has mommys heart in his lil hands he learning to walk and has five teeh now! YEAH!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)