Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SHARE YOUR STORIES!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

When I was pregnant with Monica, my hubby was working at Subway. Well, when I went into labor, I guess he was scheduled to work that night, because they called him while we were in the delivery room.

When they asked if he was coming in or not he said, "My baby is about to be born."

Their response: "Sooooo...you're not coming?"

LMAO- They fired him for it too. He has a wayyy better job now anyway.

What funny/silly stories do you have? Please share! They can be about anything!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Wow, thats some crap. lol I almost got fired for not coming to work when my son was hospitalized for RSV. Like I would leave my 8 month old alone in a strange enviornment hooked up to machines he'd never seen before.. riiiight.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:26 PM

When my first was born.  I ended up having to have a c section......they took me back and made dh wait while they prepped me.  This is not so I get bunches of questions about my faith or that I must be weird or a weird Christian but we are pentecostal) anyway.......he was born in a catholic hospital......cause that is what was available......anyway......my husband was nervous and scared and worried..........and was in the hallway praying in the pentecostal way.......not loud but at normal conversational level......praying for all he was worth.....the nurse comes in and says........"dad is losing it"  I said "Nope we are pentecostal and he is praying in tongues".........roflol

mediumchunkx
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM

LOL.

Quoting Thelmama:

When my first was born.  I ended up having to have a c section......they took me back and made dh wait while they prepped me.  This is not so I get bunches of questions about my faith or that I must be weird or a weird Christian but we are pentecostal) anyway.......he was born in a catholic hospital......cause that is what was available......anyway......my husband was nervous and scared and worried..........and was in the hallway praying in the pentecostal way.......not loud but at normal conversational level......praying for all he was worth.....the nurse comes in and says........"dad is losing it"  I said "Nope we are pentecostal and he is praying in tongues".........roflol

Chibi_Kitten
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:44 PM

I had my son when I was 18yo and I was one of those young first time moms that freaked about everything! When he got his first shots at two months, I didn't know that the swollen, red reaction was normal. He would barely move his legs and screamed when I tried to soothe him the way the pedi told me to, I freaked out and took him to the ER. I called my boss, EIGHT HOURS BEFORE MY SHIFT EVEN STARTED, to tell her that I may be late or not make it at all because I'm in the ER with my baby. Mind you, this was fourth of July weekend too, REALLY bad time to go to the ER. I called every two hours after that to give an update, the last time I called was an hour before my shift started. She told me that I needed to be there, I told her sorry but I'm still at the ER with my baby. I didn't make it in that day, we spent fourteen and a half hours in the ER. (just for them to tell me it was a normal reaction) When I came in to work the next day, she'd cut my hours because I apparently "needed more time at home" so I called her boss (who happened to adore me because I was such a "dedicated employee" and he got my hours back.

With my daughter, I went into labor the day before she was due and I had no clue I was in labor (I was induced with my son so I never went into labor). At 1 30am on her due date, I went into hard labor. My husband woke up at 3 30am when I almost fell out of bed because one of the more painful contractions was so severe, he timed them for the next hour and decided it was time to go (they were 6min apart). On the way, he asked me how long I'd been up with contractions, I told him and he scolded me for letting him sleep. Well, they were pretty far apart in at first (10-15min) so why should both of us be awake and suffering?? Besides, I've had one child at this point, do you realize how long this is going to take?? It took 26hours and 51minutes to give birth to my son! When we arrived at the hospital, I walked up to the check-in and said "Hi, I'm Krystal. I'm in labor, can I have the epidural now?" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)