Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

murder suicide (PIOG)

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM
  • 5 Replies

This morning arounf 7:55 I heard two gunshots my neighbor was shot dead and her boyfriend shot himself in the head.  I start screaming and I cAlled 911There are two dead bodies outside my complex and brain matter on one of my cars. Im flipping the fuck out..You never know what your life has in store for you and when it will abruptly end. I heard two gunblasts, the cops think it was a love triangle jealousy thing. The sad this is these two people had a little 7 year old daughter, she was at school when this happened. Please pray or what the fuck ever you do this world needs it. Ill follow with a link when its published, the complex is swimming with detectives and cops. Im beginning to calm the fuck down.

KPD investigating apparent murder-suicide in West Knoxville

• By Don Jacobs
  • Posted August 28, 2009 at 8:02 a.m. , updated August 28, 2009 at 10:56 a.m.
KPD investigating apparent murder-suicide in West Knoxville

Photo by J. Miles Cary

KPD investigators and crime scene tech gather evidence from the shooter's Ford Focus.

Knoxville police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide that happened shortly before 8 a.m. on Piney Grove Church Road in West Knoxville.

Photo by J. Miles Cary

Knoxville police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide that happened shortly before 8 a.m. on Piney Grove Church Road in West Knoxville.

944 Piney Grove Church Rd.

A man and woman witnessed what authorities believe was a murder-suicide at a Piney Grove Church condominium complex in West Knoxville.

Photo by J. Miles Cary

A man and woman witnessed what authorities believe was a murder-suicide at a Piney Grove Church condominium complex in West Knoxville.

Police believe a man shot and woman and then shot himself at a condominium complex on Piney Grove Church Road this morning.

Photo by J. Miles Cary

Police believe a man shot and woman and then shot himself at a condominium complex on Piney Grove Church Road this morning.

KNOXVILLE - Knoxville police are investigating an apparent murder-suicide this morning on Piney Grove Church Road in West Knoxville that left a man and woman dead.

The shootings took place about 7:57 a.m. outside a townhouse complex at 944 Piney Grove Church Rd. and were witnessed by a man and a woman.

"It certainly looks like a murder-suicide," Knoxville Police Department spokesman Darrell DeBusk said.

The shooter, described as in his early 30s, drove up the townhouses at the intersection of Piney Grove and Falling Leaves Circle in a black Ford Focus with a Blount County tag, according to DeBusk.

He blocked in the woman's vehicle as she was returning to the complex, DeBusk said.

Residents said the woman had dropped off her 9-year-old daughter at school.

The shooter approached with a pump shotgun and shot the woman, who was in her late 20s, twice.

He then turned the gun on himself.

Authorities found the bodies within a couple of feet of each other.

"She was staying there" at a townhouse, DeBusk said, but he didn't know if she was staying with someone or lived there.

While declining to identify the relationship between the man and woman, DeBusk said, "They were well known to each other."

DeBusk declined to say if the shooter left a note.

DeBusk said it will be some time before he releases the identities of the pair, because one of the two had relatives who live out of town.

Animal control officers took a dog from inside the townhouse where the woman had been staying.

DeBusk also said it's too early in the investigation to say if words were exchanged between the two before the shootings or if officers had been to the complex on previous domestic calls.

More details as they develop online and in Saturday's News Sentinel.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
larissacst
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

oh wow that gave me chills. i would be freaked too. poor little girl thogh. i hope one of the family gets to have her

prego7386
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:31 PM

yeha this happened at my apartment complex too. i was pretty young and i remember the school buses pulling up and cops walking us around the back way so we didnt see the bodies...i still saw some brain stuff though later since it was close to my place. the guy was in prison the chick was seeing another dude. they didnt even live in my apartments but the buildings were kinda far from the city so i guess he figured it would take the cops longer to get there. he had her call the boyfriend and meet them there. the guy pulled up and saw the prison bf and tried to get out of the car to run but he forgot to unbuckle the seat belt. he got tangled up and the guy shot him three time. my neighbor was a sniper for the government and was home. he got his guns and  went after the dude and had him for when the cops got there ....it was crazy.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Holy crap! Brain matter on your car?? jesus... 

AmberDR
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Holy shit...i know exactly where that is.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
preemiemommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM

that would FREAK me the flip out too!!!  i think i would want to sell my car too....eeeewwwy :(  so sorry you had to witness that :s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)