Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has you baby ever had a seizure? Mine did yesterday, please read

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM
  • 9 Replies

My perfectly healthy one year old girl had a seizure yesterday. They concluded it was from a rapid spike in her temperature caused by an ear infection. Needless to say, yesterday was about the scaredest I have ever been! Luckily they said it won't cause any brain damage nor does it mean she'll ever have another one, it was just because of the fever.

Well here is my question: Today she seems much better, but her eyes don't seem as bright, and she is walking kinda tipsy (she just learned to walk less than a month ago, but she is a little more wobbly today than she has been) Has anyone ever experienced a fiberal seizure with their child, and was the next day kind of dopey for them?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

no idea but hugs and prayers and hope she gets well...here is a bump 

shajdinyak
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:30 PM

No but here is a Bunmp for u

mommywife06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM

My neice. Its normal. It might take today and tomorrow to kind of get back in the swing of things, even thought it was one, its still pretty bad on her because she is young and small. I wouldnt worry too much. As long as she is eating, drinking and doing other things I wouldnt worry. My niece was tired, didnt want to do anything, ate and drank, just not as much, she felt sick is what she said(she was 2.5) So I wouldnt worry too much. Just keep an eye on her 

ladyraven16
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM

No I'm sorry that happened to you and your baby though!!! Hugs and here is a Bump for you!!

href="http://www.tickercentral.com">
JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM

The ear infection can make her tipsy.

prego7386
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:35 PM

i would imagine it was prob kinda ruff on her. hell if i had a seizure i wouldnt want to do anything for a week at least! of course if you can always call the docs office

MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Quoting mommywife06:

My neice. Its normal. It might take today and tomorrow to kind of get back in the swing of things, even thought it was one, its still pretty bad on her because she is young and small. I wouldnt worry too much. As long as she is eating, drinking and doing other things I wouldnt worry. My niece was tired, didnt want to do anything, ate and drank, just not as much, she felt sick is what she said(she was 2.5) So I wouldnt worry too much. Just keep an eye on her 

OK I just wondered mainly about her droopy eyes and the tipsy walking. I figured it would be fairly normal, and I'm sure if I called the Dr they'd say the same. I wanted to hear from someone who's actually witnessed it, so thank you ♥

And the mom who said the tipsiness is from the ear infection, I don't know why I didn't realize that but you're probably right. Thx ♥

MissAndrea125
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:45 PM

Quoting shajdinyak:

No but here is a Bunmp for u

thx

mommabear357
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM

I never experienced them with my own kids but I did have seizures because of high fevers from ear infections up to the age of 5.  My mom said that my eyes werent very bright the next day either and that I just laid around and looked sick.  I hope this helps you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)