Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really quick question.

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

I recently joined Cafemom and I love it so far so I'm hoping all you awesome ladies can help me out with something really quick.

My question is- how old were/are your children when they started preschool? We have 6 children, one of which is 3 and the preschool I want to put her in says she has to be 4. I've never heard of that before, so I wanted to get a second opinion. Would you look somewhere else, or just wait until she's 4?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jerlyn13
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:34 PM

My DS started at 3

geminishadow79
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM

my little girl is 4 and starts preschool this year but her school takes three year olds

mysteriousmom06
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM

When my older kids were little, they both went when they were 3. Now the preschool they went to doesn't do a 3 yr old class anymore but the other one in town does.

I would call around, you may be able to find somewhere that still does it for 3 yr olds

Bobcatmmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:37 PM

My oldest started when he was 3 (almost 4). My daughter started when she was 4 (almost 5). My second son only went to Sunday school for preschool. The preschool my children attended had a 3 year preschool and a 4 year preschool.

confused-mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:38 PM

most preschool take the 4 year old first and if they have any space they will take 3 year old

boosmom440
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM

my almost 3 year old will be going next year when she is about 3 1/2 i am going to take her up maybe in march to check the preschool out but they start taking them at 3 here

We made it to 27 months rear-facing and we are proud of it. We have a new goal now and that is to harness our little girl till 80 pounds, even if she is 14 years old she will be in a carseat/booster as long as she can fit.If you have a problem with it then deal with it she is my daughter and i will do any thing to keep her safe

Jeiao
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I put my son in at 3 1/2, because I felt like he needed a headstart on education, and needed the socialization. I don't think I'll be putting my daughter in until she's almost 4 1/2 though, because she just doesn't need it as much as her brother did, and because I think he'll do better with all-day kindergarten, which I have to pay for, but it means that I can't pay for both to go to school that year. I'd shop around if you really want your daughter to go to preschool - my son goes 3hrs/day 3days/wk. at a Lutheran church. It's all we could afford.

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:54 PM

welcome to cafemom

Hi!

Thank you for joining the group!

Please feel free to join in the conversation and share your thoughts with the other members here.  You can reply to posts and start posts of your own.  As you meet other members, visit their pages and say hello.  You may want to send out some friend invitations, too!

We also suggest joining and meeting other Moms like you in these:
Recommended Groups.

To find moms in your area, click here: 
Find Moms In Your Area!

For help setting up your profile page and adding widgets, visit the CafeMom Group:
Toadily Grand Slammin Profiles .

You can find information and moms talking about different topics by using the search bar at the top of every page.

Anytime you have a question or suggestion for us, please send a message to:
The
Cafe Group Admin Team.

We really appreciate feedback from members and we keep all reports confidential.

coffee    

Make yourself at home and enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)