Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

on the verge of tears...i just need to vent!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

if you have ever had a sick baby, you know how hard it is on the entire family. 

my dd has severe silent reflux and was not eating because of it.  now that she's on zantac, she's no longer in pain but she's still not eating well.  this is so frustrating because i want my baby to be happy and healthy...plus i'm so effing sick of going to the hospital!  i'm currently logging all of her feedings so i have something to show her doctor...i want to log a few more hours before i call.  but so far, in 12 hours she's eaten for a total of 45 minutes.  now i have to wonder if this is her normal eating pattern, a side effect of the zantac, or there's something else going on.  i will take ANY advice that anyone has...

simple frown

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
airforce_wife24
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:59 PM

I am sorry I don't have any advice , just wanted to offer BIG HUGS to you and hope that you find out what is going on with your little sweetpea soon.

nemiller
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM

i'm so sorry, mama.  i wish i had advice to give, but i've never dealt with silent reflux.  but i do wish you and your daughter the best.

lovemymarine306
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:28 PM

thanks mammas.  i'm waiting for her pediatrician to call me back...and hoping for the best

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:30 PM

my youngest had silent reflux...zantac CAN have an effect on the appetite....I'd call the dr and let them know....maybe they can adjust the dosage or suggest something else.  My dd had issues the first few days and they didn't change the med but tapered it down some and then slowly brought up the dosage.  hugs and prayers....been there and it is hard. 

vbutterfly1021
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:31 PM
just wanted to show some support...i'm sorry for the pain you're going through. i hope everything's okay with your little one as she adjusts to the meds. you're doing a great job keeping organized. my niece has had type 1 diabetes for years and i see how much work it is for my sister not only to keep her healthy, but to keep detailed records for the docs.
mom2four1978
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM

All of my kids had reflux. They had a second medication along with the zantac, It was called raglen. They took the two together and that helped. I still had to put cereal in bottles for them and was warned that if I breastfed I would need to eat a very bland diet myself.

I refuse to raise SHEEPLE. Instead, I prefer to raise INDEPENDANT, STRONG WILLED, BRAVE people.

starrymonkey
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I have a friend who's DD is on that medication, and I don't believe it really messed much with her eating, but it totally messed up her sleeping habits. 

That little girl will eat the world if you let her!  Her son however, eats next to nothing.  Every child is different - mine goes through phases.  One day he'll eat everything in sight, then he'll go a week refusing to eat anything but grahm crackers.  I would call the doc, but don't panic.

"Shh... Mommy doesn't know I'm a rockstar!"

MotherLady
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM

You're doing the right thing by keeping records and talking to her Dr. Much support to you though.

-Reenie

having a baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)