Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child may have been exposed to SWINE FLU!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM
  • 4 Replies

I just got a call from my son's daycare saying that one of the teacher's has a confirmed case of swine flu and another has been sent home with the same symptoms. Needless to say...I AM FREAKING OUT!!! I have already called the doc (waiting to hear back) to see what I should look for but I am seriously coming apart right now. Just need some support please :/

I am a Christian I love my husband I am the Momma to a wonderful little boy I love to travel My Dad is my hero I kissed several frogs before God sent me my prince I love to travel I love to sing I enjoy spending time with friends and family I love to read I am outspoken I believe everybody is somebody's hero I love chocolate I love living in East TN...GO VOLS I believe life is what you make of it so you better make it good I have my beliefs and you have yours...I respect that BUT if I get the chance to tell you how amazing my God is, I will   I AM BLESSED!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
KandiceN
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I woudln't worry too much.  I know several adults and kids that have had it.  One of the kids is 6 and it was milder than the regular flu.  Unless you have underlying medical issues, it's not that bad.

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

momma_bear1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM

Thanks! I have been doing some research ever since the call but it is still a little scary. I am calmer now than I was when I first got off the phone...lol!

Quoting KandiceN:

I woudln't worry too much.  I know several adults and kids that have had it.  One of the kids is 6 and it was milder than the regular flu.  Unless you have underlying medical issues, it's not that bad.

I am a Christian I love my husband I am the Momma to a wonderful little boy I love to travel My Dad is my hero I kissed several frogs before God sent me my prince I love to travel I love to sing I enjoy spending time with friends and family I love to read I am outspoken I believe everybody is somebody's hero I love chocolate I love living in East TN...GO VOLS I believe life is what you make of it so you better make it good I have my beliefs and you have yours...I respect that BUT if I get the chance to tell you how amazing my God is, I will   I AM BLESSED!

KandiceN
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM

No problem :) I know the media is scaring everyones pants off making you think that if you get it you'll die lol But no, generally that's not the case.  The average person that gets it gets the flu.. just like normal.  I mean I know some people get it real bad and yes it has killed people, but so does the normal flu every year and no one panics then.  It's just cause its new that its 'scary.'  Just make sure you're washing hands really really good!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

stefvan
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Both my kids have had it.  It wasn't that bad.  Call your doctor and ask for Tamiflu. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)