Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She called me a baby killer!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM
  • 80 Replies

I'm sorry this is so long! 

My In-Laws.. Especially my SIL and me have never really had a problem before. I knew the family have issues but they never had to do with me. Well, my infant son passed away a year ago on August 5. Right around the time of his death my MIL kept saying she KNEW something was up. She even contacted the detectives on the case to tell them that I had PPD and to really keep an eye on me. My MIL's sister started telling everyone I came to her and said I beat my son, screamed at him, etc. Well, the detectives did their job and found nothing to be concerned about.. As I did nothing wrong. The called it off as SIDS.
I went a few months without talking to any of them, but eventually because of my daughter and husband they came back into our lives..
Exactly a year after his death me and my DH started having some financial problems and decided to move in with his mother for a while. To help her out (she's a widowed mom of 5 who is raising her grand-daughter) but to help us out also. Well, she decided she didn't want me there, because we had "unresolved issues." Which I had no knowledge we had.. My DH decided to move in with her and my daughter and I move in with my parents. Well, after 3 weeks separated, he moved in with us, and we are back together... His family is not too thrilled..
His sister (who has no business being in our business) decides to write a comment to me on MySpace calling me lazy, hypocritical, and said I used our daughter to get him back. Said I was self-centered, didn't care about my husband and a bunch of other mean things.. She wasn't only my SIL.. She was one of my best-friends so this really did hurt me... We had never fought or anything..
My hubby told her to mind her business and not to discuss things over the Internet. She swore she'd quit..
THE NEXT DAY, she writes AGAIN on my myspace, calling me a "Manipulative, Lying, BABY KILLER who needs to rot in jail!" I blocked her and then called her to find out what her problem was with me. She then says to me, over the phone.. "You used to hit, shake, and scream at the baby and I feel sorry for you when judgement day comes."  What a way to make a grieving mom feel like crap..
Then when my DH called his mom about it, she says, "She has every right to feel that way. She's just guilty she didn't stop the abuse and save the baby's life!" This is all new to me. They have acted like everything was ok the last year.. And I always thought they believed me when I told them what happened.
Now my SIL is writing my name on her page, along with "She's a Baby Killer!" "Stay away from her she'll kill you too!" And all kinds of other things..
My mother and step-father work for the local Sheriff's Department, so she's calling everyone we know trying to get them to help her prove me guilty cause she says they used their "power" to get me off...
She's texting my DH and telling him I'm going to kill our other child, and any more kids we have. That I'll kill him if he leaves me.. etc, etc, etc.....

I've already tried to get her for Slander.. Harassment is next.

Everyone keeps telling me to forget them and move on, but it's just hard..
I just want them to know that I didn't do it, and it hurts me to know that these people I've always been so close to.. All a lie.
I just want everyone to believe me, and it hurts to know someone doesn't...

I don't know what I'm looking for by posting this.. Maybe just to get it off my chest...
Thank you to anyone who read through this! I appreciate it!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jella31
by Angela on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

sorry to hear that:( 

BaysMom26
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM

BUMP!!

Christine0813

That is disgusting how you have been treated. I would NEVER have contact with them again. I would save any text, voicemail, email etc. you receive and file for a TPO and harassment. Contact someone in your local police department.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Take care.

hautemama83

First off and please don't take this the wrong way but did you do anything to make them think that? Either way they are wrong an if none of it is true you need to start printing out everything she says about you, and let her and your MIL know that it IS slander at its finest, print off everything she says about you on her Myspace also. I would also suggest filing harrassmnet  against her. No I wouldn't "just forgive them", there comes a point where thing get taken too far and I think that your SIL has by far past that point.

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM

That is terrible to say to a mother who lost her child. I am sorry you were treated that way!

ramadan mubarak

RmeWifey01
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:09 PM

Sorry hun. I hope they don't ruin your marriage by spewing such garbage. If I were you I would get into counseling because with you being depressed over your son, and then with them spewing this crap it is just going to reek havoc on your mind and you will end up even more depressed and despondent. Get them out of your life and surround yourself with people who love you and support you.

NO1LKME3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM

Losing your child had to be hard.  I cannot imagine being accused of his death.

I am sorry you are dealing with this BS.  I am a firm believe that blood is not always thicker.  Family will turn on you.

I hope you can let go of their hateful words and just live life with those that treat you right.

I would research an internet law attorney.  They work WONDERS for people who do not know when to think before they type.

Good luck.

Candie~

I have been a mom for 17+ years....I have been there, done that, seen it all and probably have the scars to prove it.

~We wanted to do a domestic open adoption so our daughter could know her birthfamily. Our daughters birthmother chose not to abort her, how could we abort our daughters birthmother from our lives.~

Rosalie29
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Aww mama. First I want to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  I couldn't even imagine how hard that must be.

I'm sorry that they don't believe you, and it's not right for them to accuse you of something that they just don't know even after you told them what happened. To sit and call you names and even post things online, is not right at all. I'm sorry. How does your DH feel about all of this, besides telling them to stay out of it?

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

Report her page to Myspace, and look into filing those harrassment charges.

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM

That is absolutely horrible. I can't believe anyone would act like that. Especially when an investigation concluded that you did no wront.

I would ask her how God feels about her judging you like that since she said something about your pay back on judgment day.

What does your husband say about all this? Does he have any idea why they are acting like this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)