Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fears of a First Time Mom

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I have been thinking a lot (and then some) about the next few weeks (my due date is in 7 weeks!)....

I feel weird that I am going to be someone's mother...I am going to be a mom, see? that sounds weird to me....

How do I just say, "this is my son" without it sounding weird? or does that just go away (the weird feeling) immediately after you give birth?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Hon, its been 2 years for me & it is still kind of wierd to me that I have a child & that I am HIS mother. lol Like its competely natural, but its so wierd at the same time.

I know that probably made no sense.. I'm tired..lol

mdwright4
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:06 PM

omg I know how you feel! I am due any day now and i get so nervous sometimes!

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

It goes away, lol.

Soon saying "my son" won't feel you with fear. You'll be saying it with pride and love, and your heart with swell each time you say.

Until he gets around the age of 4 and you're saying things like "Son! get the cat out of the dryer!". 

MikeysMom51108
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

I was the opposite. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I was "mom", and I loved that! As soon as I found out my baby was a boy, he was always referred to as "my son", and again, I loved it!

After he was born, it felt weird to call him "my son". It felt weird when people referred to me as "mom".

Even now, he's 15 months old, and it's still weird sometimes. I can't imagine him as a teenager or even just a few years older than he is now. It's too weird for me, and for some reason, I get this feeling that I won't have him that long anyway. It's very strange.

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Once you give birth, you don't really think anymore, instincts just kick in! But after a while, it does hit you again.
I still look at DD and think alot about how amazing and scary it is to have a life that is 100% my responsibility.

ramadan mubarak

JakeandEmmasMom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:12 PM

I have three and there are times that I look at them and think to myself, "I have three kids??!!  How did that happen??!!"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)