Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this freak you out?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM
  • 8 Replies

I was walking to the library this morning.  there was this man with a sign advertising a new business in town.  When i was there I sign my name and phone number for the door prize.  When I was going home; I pass by the same man.  he asked me if I found the business ok.  I told him "Yes"  He then asked me what is my name.  So being friendly, i gave him my first name.  He then asked me for my last name.  Why would he want to know my last name.  Should I call the business or it is nothing.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MOM22QTS
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:13 PM

i would just shrug it off.

sounds harmless.  

babyowens081208
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM

this would send me a caution sign and i wouldnt have given this guy my last

savannahnhi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Quoting babyowens081208:

this would send me a caution sign and i wouldnt have given this guy my last

I didn't.  I just walked away

NO1LKME3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Since when did asking some one's first and last name become harassment?  What would you say to the business if you called to report him?  Oh, your sign guy asked my name.

If you felt umcomfy, you did the right thing to walk away.

Candie~

I have been a mom for 17+ years....I have been there, done that, seen it all and probably have the scars to prove it.

~We wanted to do a domestic open adoption so our daughter could know her birthfamily. Our daughters birthmother chose not to abort her, how could we abort our daughters birthmother from our lives.~

Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:24 PM

He is likely trying to get a comission or something.

savannahnhi
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Quoting NO1LKME3:

Since when did asking some one's first and last name become harassment?  What would you say to the business if you called to report him?  Oh, your sign guy asked my name.

If you felt umcomfy, you did the right thing to walk away.

Candie~

I asked a question; i do not need your attitude.or fucking sarcasm.

nursetina
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM

He is probably gonna look you up, find out where you live and sneak in on you one night and do lord knows what.

kidding.

but you never know

Tina  ~ 26 year old single mommy of 3 ~Alaina MacKenzie ~ 12/27/02~ Alyssa Grace ~ 11/9/06~ Jacob Scott ~ 9/9/08

Rebecka83
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:57 PM

Its probably one of those stupid contests where you sign up for the door prize and there is no door prize they call everyone that signed up and say you won 2nd prize which is such and such for such and such discount. So because you went to the buisness or by it maybe he was trying to get your name so he could pull it out of the box and say you won a certain thing ya know?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)