Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lol I know this is an odd post but...

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM
  • 9 Replies

Has anyone else noticed that the UPS trucks drive REALLY FAST???? It seems like they go over the speed limit for some odd reason.. IDK maybe its just me or maybe they are just really loud when they start up the engine and take off but they just seem to drive really fast to me.. I freak out when my kids are outside playing and I see a UPS truck coming down the road.. lol

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting #4 in 2010!!

pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL Blinkie

Proud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Damali0812
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:18 PM

I heard that they cannot go home until they deliver every package in their truck so it may be that they are speeding so they can get home on time. We have had UPS delivery guys show up at 9 pm to deliver a package.

My two wonderful daughters Destiny age 7 yrs and Kiley age 4 yrs

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM

YES. Same with the FedEx. We live within two blocks of the school, and there are always kids walking here. The trucks are always speeding through the neighborhood. My son's Pre-K teachers have called to complain, and nothing has changed. It's a tragedy waiting to happen :( 

3greatkids751
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM

That does suck.. but still like the OP said its an accident waiting to happen.. =(

Quoting Damali0812:

I heard that they cannot go home until they deliver every package in their truck so it may be that they are speeding so they can get home on time. We have had UPS delivery guys show up at 9 pm to deliver a package.

Wife to my Marine 3-7-07  Mommy to 3 little princess's - Faith  2-16-02, Kaylee 3-14-04, Madison 1-24-08.. Expecting #4 in 2010!!

pregnancy

Got Mamas Milk BlinkieI Love My LCPL Blinkie

Proud Mom Of Girls Blinkie

n03z07l08
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

OMG I always say how the ups guy is a lunatic lol. I thought maybe it was just me but I guess not!

Phatpatswife
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:50 PM

I can't believe i'm reading this. I thought it was just this ignorant b!tch that drives my neighborhood. Not only does she fly down our street, my neighbor has a hearing impaired child and there are street signs posted for her. This woman drives like she's the races! I've actually ran outside and screamed at her all the way down the street to slow down. She's done alittle better but more times then not she still speeds.

Enegreva
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM

lol, my UPS guy isn't too bad, but you better watch out when you see that FEDEX truck coming!

I swear that guy either doesn't have a license or doesn't want to have one. Either way, I really am surprised there haven't been any accidents.

abbynzachsmommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I have noticed that as well, espeically in our neighborhood. We live in a military community and EVERYONE has kids. There are always kids running around playing and these drivers speed through here dispite the "good-god-amighty" speed bumps.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

Mommyclw
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:30 PM

Well besides dropping off all of the boxes. they have to be back at the UPS building to make sure all of the packages get shipped out on time. and if they miss it they have to drive to the next drop off spot that same night!!!!!!!!!! Now that sucks.... I've seen them driving on the interstate for that reason at like late at night.

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker
RissaBusch
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM

I refuse to use UPS anymore for multiple reasons.  This is honestly one of them. They FLY down my street and we are right across the street from an elementary school.

I've also had UPS literally THROW a package full of dishes on my porch before.

Never again am I willingly using them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)