Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need your help!! SO LOST

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok dont get me wrog in any of this! I dont think my life sucks tat bad! I know that I am blessed but I need some help on a few things that I dont know what to do...

1.... There is nowhere hiring here and I have the worst work history EVER that even if they were I cant get a job (and I need one)

2.... We need to move but to move i have to get a job

And 3 I was thinking about going back to school but I ewould have to pay for it for a couple terms to prove that I can do it and that i am ready then I can get my finaid babk!!!! I love my SO with all my heart we have been together a year and a half and he works SOOOO hard what are things that i can do to shw him that his family loves him and misses him when he is at work (he workd tue-fri nights 5pm-3:30am)

Join This fun and exciting new group!!! Get advice, debate, get answers you cant find!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mamamanic
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Can you get a school loan for finacial aid. Until you qualify for finacial aid.

Maybe have a the kids and you write him notes before bed so he can read them when he gets home.

recey2007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:31 PM

I am going to try I want to be a nurse and always have! but I am broke I will contact the school and see what they have to say!

And the note thing is a good Idea excpecally now that the 4 year old is learning to write

Join This fun and exciting new group!!! Get advice, debate, get answers you cant find!

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Ok your wanting to move...are you looking for a job where you are currently located or where you are wanting to move too?

I would put some of your better refrences on your resume or application, you don't have to disclose everything and hope they don't check. I don't know what else to tell you on that.

Community college is cheaper than going to a university. I pay my college cash out of pocket also. I take online course threw my local communiy college and it's not that bad.

RypTyd1999
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Pell Grant? Based on income.  Look into bunches and bunches of scholarships! They're out there for everything from your height to your job! Seriously! Good luck!

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Is there a reason you don't think you can get financial aid?

recey2007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:38 PM

I cant get fin aid because last semester I got really sick and fluncked ALL my classes I can get it back with 3 terms of good grades proving that I can do it and that I want to get a eduaction! but I was REALLY sick for about 3 weeks..... and those people dont care about that!

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM

You should be able to appeal the decision. If you can prove that you were like deathly ill and were unable to attend classes they will understand. But if they don't over turn the decision you'll have to pay out of pocket a few classes to get your gpa to a 2.0...or that's how it is here at our college.

Quoting recey2007:

I cant get fin aid because last semester I got really sick and fluncked ALL my classes I can get it back with 3 terms of good grades proving that I can do it and that I want to get a eduaction! but I was REALLY sick for about 3 weeks..... and those people dont care about that!

recey2007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I think thats how it is here... one good thing is its only a 1.5 so take a couple classes and get that to a 2.0 and i will be good and be able to better my life for me and my boys! all 3 of them haha (2 sons and my SO)

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Yep sounds great...Good Luck

Quoting recey2007:

I think thats how it is here... one good thing is its only a 1.5 so take a couple classes and get that to a 2.0 and i will be good and be able to better my life for me and my boys! all 3 of them haha (2 sons and my SO)

recey2007
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Thank you! I NEED IT!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)