Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When will I know…

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM
  • 5 Replies

My 8 month olds eye color

I was curious how long will a baby’s eye color change? When do you know they are the color they will stay?

I ask because My husband has Hazel eyes. I have brown and our baby has blue grey eyes and she is 8 months… Should I be expecting them to still change?

Thanks helpful Mommas!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:37 PM

this is from babycenter.com

Babies of African and Asian descent are usually born with brown eyes that stay brown. Caucasian babies are often born with steel gray or dark blue eyes; they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time they're 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes actually have more pigment than grey or blue eyes, even if they appear lighter in color.)

eminemsmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:45 PM

Quoting lcappytan05:

Babies of African and Asian descent are usually born with brown eyes that stay brown. Caucasian babies are often born with steel gray or dark blue eyes; they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time they're 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes actually have more pigment than grey or blue eyes, even if they appear lighter in color.)

oh wow. Thanks! good to know. I didnt want to begin thinking they would stay blue. lol ya know.? Thnx again.

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

no problem...

DH has brown eyes and I have bluish green...so I think our little guy's eyes will be brown (eventually) but I have to keep explaining to DH that they will be blue to begin with....lol

Quoting eminemsmom:

Quoting lcappytan05:

oh wow. Thanks! good to know. I didnt want to begin thinking they would stay blue. lol ya know.? Thnx again.

eminemsmom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Quoting lcappytan05:

no problem...

DH has brown eyes and I have bluish green...so I think our little guy's eyes will be brown (eventually) but I have to keep explaining to DH that they will be blue to begin with....lol

Quoting eminemsmom:

Quoting lcappytan05:

wow you're fast! do you get notices when someone quotes you? and how? I tried but couldn't find it... as if you weren't enough help already. lol sorry. but curious

lcappytan05
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM

haha, nope.

it's weird you say that though because I live in Germany and the internet connection  here is ridiculously slow...

Quoting eminemsmom:

Quoting lcappytan05:

no problem...

Quoting eminemsmom:

Quoting lcappytan05:

wow you're fast! do you get notices when someone quotes you? and how? I tried but couldn't find it... as if you weren't enough help already. lol sorry. but curious

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)