Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you work if........

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM
  • 8 Replies

Would you work if you would only be bringing home $300 A MONTH after paying daycare and after school care?  It just doesn't seem worth it to me.  I think I would be better off babysitting out of my home or working evenings and weekends when dad is home to watch the kids. 

What would you do?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I_love_my_girls.gif my girls image by Phoebe_066         I_love_my_boys_1.gif boys image by lkfitz

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
prego7386
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:57 PM

it depends on how bad i needed the money...that is still groceries for some people. i personally i my situation dont see it worth it though.

brandithesuperm
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Depends on if I really needed 300 a month.

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:59 PM

This. It depends on how badly that $300 was needed.

Quoting prego7386:

it depends on how bad i needed the money...that is still groceries for some people. i personally i my situation dont see it worth it though.

isra1986
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Quoting prego7386:

ramadan mubarak

MommyAnnaBanana

It depends on if we needed the money bad enough.  If that was what I needed to feed my kids, pay my rent, or get by on, then yes.

mommyannabanana

stefvan

If the money was needed, yes.  Before living off the gov, a big yes.

Vampee_Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:00 PM

It would depend on how much that extra $300 a month would help my family.

army_wife_916
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:02 PM

I agree it would depend on how much i needed the money. When i was working i worked opposite hours of DH, he'd work days, i'd work nights. but then it got to stressful... having to be up all night and all day and only sleep for 5 hours a day (unless it was my day off). But if you can make 300 or more working when your dad can watch them, then do that. so whatever makes you come out on top

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)