Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking I need a new babysitter

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you use the baby sitter again?

Options:

yes

talk to her first, then see

No way

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

So, my husband and I were planning to go to a concert tonight.  We lined up our baby sitter two months ago.  This morning she calls to tell us that her friend is also babysitting another baby at her house tonight and that baby has the flu!  She asks if that is ok. 

How would that every be ok?  Expose my toddler to the flu on purpose I think not!  So now we have to miss our concert because some other selfish parent wants to leave their sick child with a sitter.  We know the other family and it is taking a good portion of my self control not to call them on this BS.  They won't have the baby sitter come to their house because they grow medical marijuana.  (It is legal, we live in Colorado) Sorry off topic.

Anyway if she thinks it might be ok to expose Hunter to the flu what else might her judgement lapse on?  She is Hunter's favorite babysitter and has always been good in the past.  Should I talk to her about it and give her another shot?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
grantsmommy23
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:21 PM

I would talk to her first about it.  She did inform you about the other baby so obviously she isnt' that bad.  Now if she still watched your child with the flu baby around and didn't tell you, then you'd have a bigger reason to be upset.  I would just let her know that that isn't acceptable and you cannot knowingly expose your child like that. 

Also.....Could she watch your child at your home rather than hers?

NO1LKME3
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:23 PM

I would talk to her about it first.  How old is she?

Also, concerts are expensive so maybe you could ask her if you paid her a little extra if she would come to your house tonight.

I would be upset as well.

Sorry.

Candie~~~

I have been a mom for 17+ years....I have been there, done that, seen it all and probably have the scars to prove it.

~We wanted to do a domestic open adoption so our daughter could know her birthfamily. Our daughters birthmother chose not to abort her, how could we abort our daughters birthmother from our lives.~

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:29 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

\\ The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)